Category Strategy Manager-Components
Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
In a nutshell
Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
Physics, Electrical Engineering, Other technical backgrounds, Other non-technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
This is a Category strategy manager position for components in ASMLs Electronics & Machine Conditioning Cluster.
The Category strategy manager components’ mission consists of development and execution of the supply base category strategy for components as well as driving supplier selection proposals for components. The category strategy aims to secure ASML’s supply base for components for 2030, reflecting our business targets on cost, technology roadmap, development capability needs and the supply capacity in support of ASML’s growth worldwide. As components are often procured by other ASML suppliers and not by ASML directly, the category strategy manager will coordinate the tiered approach with regard to cost, quality, technology and availability across the value chain.
The Category strategy manager will report into the cluster strategy manager for Electronics and Machine Conditioning
ASML's supply chain is unique in our industry: we effectively act as a System Integrator in a highly-complex ecosystem, where about 75% of the ASML cost-of-goods is delivered by our suppliers. This approach makes us flexible and allows us to grow fast. At the same time, we depend on our suppliers to perform to the standards that our customers demand of us (on Quality, Logistics, Technology, Cost and Sustainability) and follow our pace of growth. In that exciting forcefield, Sourcing and Procurement plays a central role.
Sourcing & Procurement collaborates with our supply chain to build, maintain and strengthen our joint capability to deliver on our commitments to our customers. We navigate the short-term challenges while also building strong, strategic, win-win relationships with our suppliers that carry us into the future.
Our organization is category focused with an account management emphasis, accountable for the total business relationship and material availability. Our Centers of Excellence aim to provide cross-functional solution power to manage escalations and support clusters with the best-in-class solutions.
Role and responsibilities
- Setting up and maintaining various category strategies for components (e.g.: PLCs, Heaters, Sensors) with new product introduction projects & ensure early involvement of Sourcing & Procurement in design and spec process;
- Chair the relevant category team meetings and lead the team;
- Support relevant senior management meetings regarding supplier selection of complex parts & category strategy approval, involving members of ASML’s Executive Committee;
- Monitor and support category strategy execution at supplier level, escalate gaps in deployment to reach resolution;
- Advance (joint) technology roadmap including targets, align across all levels and functions within ASML organization;
- Category strategy execution;
- Alignment of internal stakeholders.
Education and experience
- Experience in high-tech procurement management preferred
- Ability to understand manufacturing processes and constraints, product life cycle/ market dynamics, and deep content knowledge on the specific category cluster’s requirements
- Strategic problem-solving, analytical and conceptual thinking, ability to identify and structure issues;
- Ability to quickly grasp and help shape technology roadmaps and derive implications for sourcing landscape;
- Ability to translate strategy into actionable interventions e.g., commercial models;
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to get buy-in and commitment from many internal stakeholders up to board level;
- Ability to balance stakeholder inputs with category strategy execution;
- Decision making.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.