You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
San Diego, US
Other non-technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
This role is based in San Diego, CA. The Cost Accountant uses established research and mathematical concepts; obtains raw forms of data from databases, reports on internal and external inputs, and translates the data into predictors, trend analyses, business capabilities and processes and corporate reports. Derives meaningful conclusions and implications from that data and organizes and presents findings and/or recommendations. Develops, implements and/or maintains one or a combination of cost accounting systems. Prepares journal entries; maintains and reconciles ledger accounts. Collects data, allocates costs and prepares reports on labor, equipment, depreciation, assembly or other operating expenses, ensuring that established procedures are followed. Prepares financial statements and variance reports as requested. May do analysis and prepare special reports. May interpret reports and records for managers.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
- Assists in establishing and maintaining standard costs for new and refurbished products.
- Participates in standard cost rollups, reporting, and analysis.
- Investigates and analyzes issues and prepares recommendations for policy/process action.
- Supports Finance group with forecasting expenses, absorption and other analysis as required.
- Provides support of new product development activities.
- Identifies best practices throughout the organization and recommends opportunity to align.
- Performs manufacturing and outside processing job analysis and reporting.
- Interacts with manufacturing, planning, and procurement to facilitate the timely and accurate completion of jobs.
- Participates in Gemba walkthroughs on MFG floor.
- Identifies process issues and initiates process improvement in the costing area. This includes the creation of custom reports and queries, testing and documentation of Oracle system functionality.
- Assists in the establishment of Oracle system processes for accurate and timely collection and reporting of product costs, for new business.
- Participates in inventory reserves process.
- Performs analysis to determine future and actual labor and overhead rates.
- Participates in cross-functional teams as required in costing area.
- Participates in process redesign, improvement, documentation, and training projects.
- Analyzes WIP variances for refurbished products to determine proper valuation.
- Analyzes on-hand returned material to determine excess and obsolete exposure.
- Performs bills of material labor routing audits and analysis.
- Performs inventory analysis and prepares schedules as requested.
- Participates in month-end close process by preparing account reconciliations and reviewing variances.
- Participates in quarterly/annual audits and supplies costing information as necessary to auditors.
- Audits must be performed in multiple buildings for in person verification.
- Assists with special projects and analysis as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Strong competence with the various tools, procedures, programming languages used to accomplish the job.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience is required.
- Oracle or SAP manufacturing or similar ERP experience and costing knowledge required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs, including travel to ASML sites outside of state.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Hybrid schedule, 3 days onsite, 2 days remote. Regular business hours.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $0-$0. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.