You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Electrical Product Safety Business Partner
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
Introduction to the job
ASML is committed to comply to global and local safety regulation. Within Electronic Development (EL) we have to ensure that ASML is developing products that comply to these regulations and customer requirements regarding electrical safety. To achieve this goal on D&E level the Global Product Safety team defines design requirements to enable designers creating safe & compliant products. To ensure Electrical product safety is in line with national and international legislation, standards, and guidelines are defined.
The Electrical Product Safety Business Partner is the linking pin between the D&E Quality Compliance and Safety team, the Electrical Safety Expert and the operation in the projects. You take care of directing and supporting projects and engineers to meet required legislation and standards regarding electrical safety, making sure that right safety design rules are implemented. You manage and assure that Electrical product safety is guaranteed and information for certification is provided.
Role and responsibilities
As the Electrical Product Safety Business Partner you are expected to:
- In close cooperation with Global product safety and the Electronic Safety Expert interpret & assess the impact of international standards and legislation as well as Semiconductor specific requirements’ impact on ASML legal product compliance position.
- Develop and manage compliance to national and international legislation of ASML products, within ASML’s established documentation structures, for the areas:
- Electrical Safety
- Safety-Related Electronic Control systems
- Semiconductor-specific requirements regarding Safety
- Arrange and manage compliance reporting by project teams of deliverables within EL, as part of ASML’s Product Generation Process to EDEV management, EDEV Quality and Global Product Safety
- Participate in impact assessments of changes in new legislation/standards for ASML and in impact analysis for the ASML regulatory board
- Facilitate escalation process including preventing recurrence.
Education and experience
Technical Master degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience
- Influence without power of larger teams in a R&D matrix organization
- Proficient in the English language, Dutch is a pre
- Product legal compliance experience
- Good knowledge of Electrical Safety Standards
- Quality management experience
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work independent.
- Conscious in working with strictly confidential information
- Deliver high quality, focus on process compliance.
- Remain persistent and effective until the goal has been reached.
- Coach and Train colleagues on the processes and content.
- Demonstrate effective, constructive cooperation with colleagues.
- Meticulous in data management/ recordkeeping.
- Eager to learn and ability to self-reflect.
- Adapts and adopts change.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.