You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Field Application Engineer EUV Israel
In a nutshell
ASML EUV Scanner Applications Engineer
Introduction to the job
ASML design, develop, integrate, market and service advanced microchips machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have office locations in Asia , US , Europe. Current position is offered in Israel.
You will be responsible for providing and applying solutions to EUV Lithography applications problems related to the ASML scanner and its performance enhancement options. You will use personally accumulated knowledge supported by a worldwide applications engineering and R&D network, combined with analytical skills to analyze and identify opportunities/solutions to support customer’s on-product performance. You’ll troubleshoot lithography issues potentially related to ASMLs product portfolio. You will do this in close collaboration with the customer, and often connected to the introduction of a new technology node for high volume manufacturing. Your scope includes becoming a part of customer process set-up and control.
You are expected to grow into a role where you can represent ASML as a technical expert in the field and get recognition of this by the customer. Since you will be working intimately with customers and sensitive customer data, a high level of integrity is required for securing confidentiality, while at the same time being able to translate customer issues into problem statements for ASML. Due to the scope and impact of this role, it offers you the opportunity to grow further in technical expertise roles, project or management leadership roles.
This role requires extensive training and Business travels in the 1st 2 years.
Role and responsibilities
- Participate and/or lead projects which are aimed at supporting our customer transition to a new technology node or ramp up a specific technology node.
- Define and drive customer requirements for existing or evaluation products based on technical intimacy with the customer.
- Translate a customer on-product issue into a potential lithography or metrology related problem statement, resolve these issues to help them maximize the performance and use of ASML products.
- Participate in pro-actively identifying ASML applications product opportunities for our customer.
- Conduct data analysis to ensure that the correct conclusions are drawn from customers acquired experimental data and results reported to ASML and customer.
- Prepare technical presentations for customer meetings.
Education, Experience and Skills
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering, Optics, Electronics, or equivalent experience.
- 2-4+ years of direct Semiconductor industry experience is an advantage.
- English & Hebrew at a level of mother language.
- Strong organizational, communication, leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving and well organized.
- Fast learner , self-motivation to grow technically; be able to perform job at high standard with minimum supervision, and demonstrated ability to thrive in a high pressure and fast paced environment.
- Ability to prioritize and organize actions effectively and efficiently.
- Ability to Identify bottlenecks and drive for improvements.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Basic project management skills.
- Self-starter that shows high drive, creativity, ambition and accountability.
- Experience in data analysis with support software (Python scripter advantage , MATLAB, Spotfire).
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This role requires business travels and/or relocation (US) of up to 2 years from recruitment , you will be acting as a seed engineer who will be responsible in bringing the EUV Applications knowledge to Israel. Up to 20% travel is included in the job for training and x-site support – thereafter.