You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior EHS Specialist
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Other technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
- As a direct report to the EH&S Manager, you will create, update and maintain the organization’s regulatory compliance and ISO management systems in support of Development and Engineering, Software and Customer Service Teams.
- Provide guidance on issues involving Environmental compliance, Health and Safety regulation, Workers Compensation and Emergency Preparedness/Response to the site leadership team.
- You will work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors necessary to select appropriate methods and techniques for obtaining satisfactory solutions.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
THIS IS AN ONSITE POSITION
Role and responsibilities
- As a member of the EH&S department, you will support the overall program development to comply with corporate and regulatory requirements.
- Job safety analysis and risk assessments, inspections, investigations, safety observations, and root cause investigations, leverage lessons learned and implement continuous improvement actions across the site.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to implement & maintain ISO 14001 and 45001 EH&S management systems.
- Support campus wide training, hazardous materials/waste, and Industrial Hygiene monitoring programs
- Workers Compensation case management and reporting
- Prepare and submit periodic regulatory & technical reports, including documentation of audits, investigative procedures and data management
- Collect, measure and analyze site-level EH&S metrics and KPI performances, to discover trends for continuous improvement or corrective measures.
- Partner and collaborate with the business and operations management, and support functions, to implement and administer EH&S programs, procedures and practice to ensure permits and all work areas meet Local, State, and Federal regulatory requirements.
- Lead/mentor and coach various committees and teams in support of safety initiatives and programs.
Education and experience
- Requires a minimum of a BS/BA in Industrial Safety, EH&S, Occupational Health and Safety or a related discipline.
- Minimum of 3+ years of relevant experience in leading Environmental Health & safety programs in manufacturing, laboratories and office environments
- Knowledge of and experience with reviewing and applying Federal, State, and Regional Environmental Health & Safety regulations
- Experience developing and auditing EH&S programs in industrial settings preferred.
- Experience in implementing and managing ISO 14001 and 45001 management systems is a plus.
- Board Certified Safety Professional or other professional industry certification is a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
Can learn and apply new information or skills.
Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
The employee is required to work in a cleanroom environment: full gowning (full body coveralls, hood, CR safety shoes, face mask, nitrile gloves and safety glasses. Working under ISO 9000/14000 standards).
Operating/working around overhead cranes, fork trucks and motorized pallet movers.
Working around lasers; working with ladders; working on platforms; and working around chemicals.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $79,875-$133,125. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.