Senior Engineer in OPC verification
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Design Engineering and Architecture
0-1 year, 2-3 years, 4-9 years, 10-15 years
Physics, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Senior Engineer in the LMC group, you will enable the continuing shrink of semiconductor devices through providing computational lithography solutions to worldwide top tier semiconductor manufacturing companies.
Role and responsibilities
- Perform independent feasibility studies on new resolution enhancement techniques
- Provide specification and design of new products, conduct integration testing, provide documentation and training to customers, and develop the best practices for standard or customized applications.
- Provide 2nd line support for established products
- Work closely with RD, marketing, field application engineers, and sales
- Prepare and present technical data and papers in major conferences and customers
Education and experience
M.S. or Ph.D. in Physics, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or related areas.
- Knowledge of Optics, Semiconductor Lithography, and IC design.
- Experience in scientific simulation, numerical methods, image processing, optimization, computational lithography, computational geometry, machine learning, data sciences is a good plus.
- Experience in C++, Python, or other object-oriented software development.
- Familiar with UNIX environment and scripting languages.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA . It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation. (Important to insert additional onsite language specific to the role: i.e., inspection, specific training and supervision, etc.)
- A flexible workplace arrangement may be available to employees working in roles conducive to remote work (up to two days a week).
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $141,750-$236,250. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.