You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Product Architect IAM Access Management
In a nutshell
Other technical backgrounds
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML is a global company and has its main R&D and manufacturing operations in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.
The IT division supports information management, infrastructure and automation, and optimization of key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal and external activities.
ASML IT works Agile according SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework 5.0). All Agile teams are organized in Agile Release Trains (ARTs). The Identity & Access Management (IAM) ART is responsible for supporting the entire organization with seamless and state of the art Identity and Access Management solutions. All teams are DevOps teams building and owning the solutions delivered.
The IAM ART consists of teams in the domains of Identity Governance & Administration (IGA), Access Management (AM), Directory Services, Privileged Access Management (PAM) and Cryptography Services (CS).
Currently, a team of architects in IAM is working on the implementation of an integrated and hybrid IAM platform based on SailPoint IdentityIQ, Okta, CyberArk, some legacy directories such as NetIQ eDIR, RHDS and AD and more. The team is owning the full technical design of End-to-End solutions, the detailed architecture underneath these designs and the implementation strategy for solutions and services delivered in and across different IAM domains. As a senior Product Architect for IAM Access management you are part of this team and you will be responsible for the architecture and innovation of these services. In your role you have a detailed overview of the technical landscape of your domain and you are responsible for developing and maintaining the architectural runway for your domain in alignment with the IAM architecture. You translate new demand into necessary changes in the architecture of your domain and you contribute to a secure, reusable, maintainable, functional relevant and fit for future architecture of your domain. Together with your colleague product architects you design IAM wide solutions for new non-standard demand for the ART and you break this up into manufacturable features for the teams within the ART.
As a senior Product Architect you are expected to have a broad understanding of IAM and its relation to the business and information and IT security. You are expected to have a deep understanding of Access Management Services (Okta and NetIQ AM) and at least one other domain within IAM. In your role, you will provide support and guidance to the business, the ART and your team while securing best practice End-to-End solutions for IAM. This role requires strong consultancy, communication and presentation skills. No hands-on development work is required but a good understanding of the means of Agile, DevOps, CI/CD/CT based automation and standardization is.
A Product Architect works closely together with the System Architect who’s overseeing the enterprise and company-wide EPICs with an impact on IAM. Next to that, the Product Architect is closely working with peer architects and the team, e.g. the Product Owner, the Scrum Master and the senior Developers/Architects in the team. And last but not least, the Product Architect works with a lot of stakeholders from the business.
- Owning and or co-owning the functional and technical design of broader, ART and Directory Services overarching EPICs and owning the teams part of theses designs in End-to-End solutions and or services;
- Support the System Architect by refining and implementing enablers for the architectural runway for IAM;
- Maintaining the detailed architectural runway for Access Management Services;
- Together with stakeholders and System Architect creating designs for EPICs and Features and together with the team creating designs for Features and Stories in line with the IAM architectural principles, standard IAM processes and the company strategy;
- Contribute to refinement of EPICs, Features and Stories, and provide high level effort estimations for the implementation of the designed solutions;
- Coordinate the development, validation and implementation of functional and non-functional requirements for the integration of new functionality in our IAM landscape;
- Be proactive towards driving standardization, automation and monitoring;
- Being informed about the product roadmaps of the vendors in your domain and at least one other IAM domain, and maintaining technical relationship with these vendors.
- Min 10 to 15 years professional experience with Access Management Services in particular and Identity & Access Management in general. A thorough knowledge of and hands-on experience with NetIQ AM and Okta and knowledge of at least one other solution and or service domain of IAM is a must have;
- Minimal 3 to 5 years professional experience with solving architectural challenges in a multi-vendor IAM environment with SailPoint IdentityIQ, Okta and CyberArk;
- Experience with End-to-End service delivery and CI/CD/CT automation is a strong pre;
- Experience with SAFe and a DevOps way of working and working in an Agile team is a pre;
- Capable of identifying and managing improvements in architecture, processes and technology;
- Sound understanding of security technologies, best practices, and security policy frameworks;
- Good experience with Microsoft PowerPoint and Visio to create a clear storyline.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about IAM, IAM technology in general and IAM Access Management Services related technology used in ASML to serve our business’s needs;
- Excellent verbal and written English communication and presentation skills. Command of the Dutch language is a plus;
- Highly-motivated, with a strong work ethic and a can-do mentality. Able to work effectively under minimal supervision;
- Conceptual thinker with the ability to translate high-level concepts into tangible solutions; Being able to think outside the box, having a broad view on topics;
- Design System thinking. Able to design and implement solutions in a complex environment;
- Act as a role model, offer support and coaching/mentoring to other members of the team.
Education and Certifications
You have a Master degree computer science and you are in possession of a valid work permit for The Netherlands. Next to that your Security knowledge is a strong precondition, experience with ArchiMate is a must have, preferably certified, valid industry certifications such as TOGAF, CISSP, CISA or CISM are must have’s and Agile + SAFe certifications are a plus (scrum.org and/or SAFe®certifications).
Context of the position
You will report to the IT Group Lead for IAM. Within the IAM team you will align with peers, with PO’s and Scrum Masters, the IAM System Architect and the Chief Product Owner on design and progress. The team consists of onsite and offshore team members operating from Veldhoven/Eindhoven, the Netherlands and Hyderabad, India.