S&P - Quality Supplier Manager (Optics) - Linkou/Tainan
In a nutshell
10-15 years, 16+ years
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Other technical backgrounds
ASML supports the semiconductor industry’s ongoing quest for producing faster, smarter and more energy efficient chips. We are a young, dynamic, international and highly skilled workforce. ASML creates the systems that the lithography industry needs to achieve its goals. This can only be accomplished with a strong support of our suppliers.
Are you an engineer who is challenged by managing the quality performance of suppliers in a high tech-low volume environment, specialized in electrical, mechanical, chemical or optical engineering?
As Quality Supplier Manager (QSM) you are responsible for the quality and operational performance of a selected number of suppliers. You work with suppliers on performance monitoring, solve technical issues and drive technical process improvements, for example quality and yield improvement, process control, cycle time reduction, risk analysis and reduction. You work closely together with the supplier team,, the logistics account manager, the procurement account managers , and New Product Supply Chain Engineers from ASML. Depending on the complexity and exposure of the account, you are member of the Supplier Account Team. Main areas of interest are material availability, process optimization and supplier development.
- Responsible for the entire Quality and Technical process performance for suppliers and their n-tier suppliers.
- Monitor, review and drive supplier quality performance from incidents to structural improvement
- Contribute to supplier development (e.g. implementing SPC, lean, FMEA, operational excellence at suppliers or n-tier suppliers).
- Optimize manufacturing processes at suppliers by improving quality, testing and qualification infrastructure
- Drive yield improvements and process improvements at suppliers. Actively participate in improvement project at suppliers (cycle time reduction, cost of goods reduction).
- Carry-out analysis of quality issues and drive technical solutions needed during material availability escalations.
- Support implementation of hardware changes at suppliers.
- Build-up and develop technical competences within ASML (SPC, lean manufacturing, FMEA, operational excellence) to drive and support operational excellence at suppliers.
- Limited travel, depending on assigned supplier base.
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanical or industrial engineering.
- 5 – 15 years relevant work experience in a similar role
- Experience with supply chain processes in production environment, eg. Six sigma, lean, etc.
- Experience in improvement projects in supply chain, preferably in High-tech industry
- Experience in relationships with suppliers
- Experience in optics manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills
- Convincing/negotiation skills
- Relationship builder (internal and external)
- Pro-active attitude
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to switch between complex matters and high-level conclusions.
- Understanding of manufacturing technology
- Result oriented, hands-on mentality
- Fluent in English
Context of the position
The holder of this position reports to the Group leader of the Asia Supply Chain Quality & Logistics. Interfaces with Suppliers, Project leads Development, Customer Support, Manufacturing, Engineers, Logistic and Procurement. Travelling may be required.