Staff Software Engineer, Mask and Optical Model
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Design Engineering and Architecture
Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Other technical backgrounds
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
We are seeking a highly skilled and experienced software engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be a key member to develop high quality software and contribute to all phases of the development process from designing to release. You must be responsible for independently developing and testing the algorithms and turn general requirement definitions into functioning modules. A good candidate should exhibit strategic thinking, be self-motivated and collaborative with team members.
If you are a motivated and strategic professional with a passion for engineering excellence, we invite you to join our team and contribute to our continued success.
- Take on research, modeling and simulation of the physical process of lithography.
- Develop and maintain computational lithography modeling and architecture codes in C/C++ and optimize codes and algorithm.
- Provide technical support of our products for world-wide customers.
- Integrate algorithms into module(s) that can be used in a distributed computing system in a Linux environment.
- Write unit tests for algorithms and modules.
- Develop machine-learning based models and solutions for image processing, image recognition.
- Evaluate pro and cons among solutions and suggest the best solutions to fulfill the requirements.
- Keep good documentation of design and implementations.
Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. or M.S. in STEM, such as computer science, electric engineering, physics, chemistry, applied mathematics, or related fields.
- Proven work experience as an Engineering Manager or similar role.
- 5+ year experience in C++ and/or other object-oriented software development
Skills and Competencies
- Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
- Communication skills for technical discussions
- Detail-oriented with the ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
- Math skills, including calculus and other advanced mathematics
- Experience in the following fields: image processing, computational geometry, large data application, high performance computing
- Modeling - physical, chemical, and material modeling of lasers, optics, diffusion/reaction, and/or lithography systems
- Simulation - geometry engines, rendering, Fourier optics, RCWA/FDTD, PDE, finite difference.
- Software Development - C++/Java/Python, Linux compute farms, distributed computing over +10k cores
Context of the position
This position primarily works in an office environment. It requires frequent sitting, standing and walking. Daily use of a computer is required. May stand for extended periods when facilitating meetings. The physical demands of the position described herein are essential functions of the job and employees must be able to successfully perform these tasks for extended periods. Reasonable accommodations may be made for those individuals with real or perceived disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job described.
EEO/AA (W/M/Vets/Disability) Employer.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $182,250-$303,750. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.