System Architect SAP CS
In a nutshell
10-15 years, 16+ years
No (not at all)
Introduction to the job
ASML IT is in the middle of an IT Agile Transformation with SAFe© (Scaled Agile Framework) as the guiding framework. Are you an expert in Work Preparation, Field Execution and Customer Service processes? We are looking for a System Architect that can align teams to a shared technical direction. Come aboard and be part of one of the most technically developed company of the world.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
You are responsible for defining and communicating a shared technical and architectural vision for the Field Execution Agile Release Train (ART). Whilst doing so you help to ensure developments are fit for purpose.
As System Architect you are part of the ‘Leading Coalition’, together with the RTE (Release Train Engineer) and the CPO (Chief Product Owner) of the Field Execution ART. This ART consists of a group of agile teams. The ART is responsible for the enterprise solution delivery in the customer service domain for the ASML field locations.
You will be responsible for describing the Solution Context and Solution Intent, analyze technical trade-offs, determine the primary components and subsystems, identify the interfaces and collaborations between them, define Nonfunctional Requirements (NFRs), guide Enablers through to execution. You work with Product and Solution Management, Customers and Suppliers.
For a large part of your time you work for the ART. As System Architect you are responsible for topics like:
- Work Execution – Focus on INSTALL & SERVICE of modules and complete machines;
- Service Notifications, Skills Management, Detailed scheduling, Work preparation, Configuration Management / Installed Base Management, Customer Service Order Management, Field Execution / Project Management
- Work Knowledge Access (work instructions); Machine Integration; Integration with Safety systems; Disturbance Management;
- Consolidating legacy systems;
- Cloud strategy and continuous improvement.
This position requires international travelling to ASML field location for short periods if needed (±2-3 times per year for ±1-3 weeks per case, highly dependent on the individual assignments).
Education and experience
Master's degree in Information Technology or Business Administration with proven experience in complex Customer Service processes.
- 10+ years’ experience with Customer Service processes (complex products, low volumes):
- Discrete industry (Complex products, low volumes), Customer Service process in general, Customer Service Execution System knowledge.
- Proven experienced in delivering architectural principles, processes, infrastructure and solutions;
- A strong background at an architectural level in SAP CS/PM/PS/PEO including integration with non-SAP systems.
- Detailed knowledge of IT systems supporting Shop Floor Control & Planning processes: production scheduling, quality management, equipment automation;
- Strong customer focus, result-oriented and drive for excellence;
- Excellent communication skills in English, preferable also in Dutch;
- Strong stakeholder management experience
- A demonstrated ability to perform in high-pressure environments;
- Well-developed consultancy skills with a strong go-get mentality including eagerness to perform hands-on activities;
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
A sub-department within the IT organization is ‘IT Solution Delivery Operations’. This department is responsible for providing IT solutions that support ASML Operations in achieving its business goals. We support ASML sectors Sales, Planning, Sourcing, Logistics, Manufacturing, Facility Management, Environment Health and Safety, Quality Management and Customer Support.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the dedication of a company that recognizes and rewards extraordinary performance.
Our selection process includes an online Talent Exploration that gathers information about your key drivers, your personal values, motivators and career ambitions. The Talent Exploration enables both you and us to explore if there is a mutual match - not only for today, but also for your future career at ASML.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.