You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Technical Support Engineer - Refurbishment
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
Are you a team player with hands-on skills that likes to have a leading role in extending the lifetime of ASML Mature products? Then this job is something for you!
ASML is contributing to a circular economy by refurbishing machines and thus extending lifetime. This is a new challenge within the factory and we need people with a feeling for multi-disciplinary troubleshooting.
LAB Technical Support Refurbishment is a small team with direct interfaces to the internal customer. The small team size results in great variety in work and a brought technical scope for the engineers.
You will take charge in escalating disturbances on re-used machines. You will be sharing your knowledge and experience with other engineers and contribute in further development of the business line.
Role and responsibilities
Field of expertise: Trouble shooting and sharing knowledge.
- Take ownership for escalated issues (from start to finish)
- Solve complex and cross-modular disturbances through team effort
- Minimize downtime on our systems and ensure on time delivery and premium quality to our customers
- Prevent re-occurrence by ensuring aftercare for the solved issues.
Facilitate troubleshooting skills & refurbishment knowledge with your colleagues and fellow departments
- Enable the internal customers in problem solving by sharing your troubleshooting skills and refurbishment knowledge on the shop floor and during knowledge Transfer sessions.
- Update the knowledge database so that you have to solve the issue only once.
Education and experience
Bachelor in technical degree (Applied physics, Mechatronics, Electronics). If you are in possession of a Master degree you are also free to apply.
As a Technical Support Engineer you have approximately 3-7 years’ experience in:
- Experience in a production environment with high tech products and complex production processes
- Extended experience with production and engineering, project management skills
- Experience with Matlab is preferred
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
The Technical Support engineer we are looking for:
- Is a team player and flexible
- Has good social and communication skills with broad technical and business knowledge
- Has a strong analytical mind
- Has a pragmatic attitude, is pro-active and has plenty of initiative
- Has a high sense of responsibility and dedication; can cope with stress
- Has good organizational skills
- Is adequate in English communication skills in speech and writing.
- Has affiliation with hands-on experience.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- Position is based in Veldhoven and may require incidental international business travel to customer sites.
Please add your complete, recent CV and cover letter for this position to your application. A motivational letter is mandatory: why do you want to work at Technical Support?
We can't process your application without the above mentioned documents.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.