Community & Employee Engagement Intern
Interns and Trainees
In a nutshell
Interns and Trainees
Other non-technical backgrounds
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a responsible, inclusive organization, ASML aspires to have a positive social impact and to be a valued partner to our communities. We know that when the community thrives, we thrive. As a Community & Employee Engagement Events intern in Wilton, CT you will help build a culture of volunteerism amongst ASML employees and strengthen the Wilton, CT community in our key focus areas of attractive/inclusive communities and STEM education. You will also help organize and execute employee events, with the goal of engaging employees, fostering employee pride and promoting the Wilton, CT site as a great place to work.
- Assist Community Engagement Program Manager in executing ASML Wilton, CT community engagement and employee events program and ensure alignment with corporate goals and policy
- Work with local vendors to execute employee engagement events
- Collaborate with US and global community engagement colleagues, ASML Foundation and local communications and HR colleagues to promote local employee engagement and philanthropic activities, employee volunteer events and initiatives
- Work with local community organizations aligned with the ASML focus areas
- Help build awareness of and support for ASML's employee and community engagement/philanthropy programs internally and externally
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time
Education and Experience
- Must be studying towards a Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, event management, business or a related field. Junior/Senior level of study.
- Required technical skills, knowledge and abilities:
- Strong oral and written communication skills; clear, concise and professional
- Results driven - demonstrates ownership and accountability and delivers on commitments with a sense of urgency and attention to detail
- Proficient use of all Microsoft Office suite programs
- Experience working in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator programs a plus
Skills & Competencies
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in Wilton, CT. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.