EF Facility Lay-out Engineer
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
2-3 years, 4-9 years
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
In the EUV Factory (NXE/EXE) we are looking for a Layout Engineer who can get our Factory Lay-out on the next level.
Due to the increase of EUV production and the constant need to introduce new products in our factory we need to rebuild our factory.
The Facility Lay-out engineer reviews and challenges high level system and user requirements for Factory infrastructure for EUV Manufacturing and translates this into factory layout specifications towards Cooperate Real Estate (CRE).
If you like to be THE owner of this challenge, than this might be your next job opportunity.
Role and responsibilities
As an EF Facility Layout Engineer you will be the technical expert to develop Factory Lay-out for the EUV Factory (EF) by reviewing and challenging high level Fab infrastructure for EUV Manufacturing and translating these requirements into factory layout requirements towards Cooperate Real Estate. You will need to master the complexity of New Products Introductions (NPI) in a dynamic factory environment.
The EUV Factory is responsible for both production and installation of NXE / EXE machines, the most advanced machines in ASML. This means you support the Factory with the Factory Lay-out in order to ensure optimized product cost, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
You will be the creator of the EUV factory layouts with the help of cross-sectoral input which will bring EUV factory Corporate Real Estate team regarding building design and for EF regarding production processes.
- Draw factory layout in guidance of Layout architects to meet user requirements
- Support Layout architect by preparing layout scenarios
- Support Layout architect by preparing facility specifications
- Review and challenge technical input
- Maintain layout library and keep it up to date
- Align requirements and solutions with your functional architect counterpart within Corporate Real Estate & System Engineering
- Be the technical contact person for daily operational issues and help find structural solutions to those issues
- Align technical design with internal / external stakeholders
- Support Project Lead by scope definition and technical alignments
- Be the factory representative during the project hand-overs
Education and experience
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in industrial, mechanical or construction engineering and experience with or in facility related area is preferred.
- >2 years of experience in an Engineering, Production or Service environment with high tech products and complex production processes
- Experience in 2D Autocad design
- Proven track record in relation to industrialization, serviceability or availability and specifically system reliability, diagnostics and recovery
- Experience with analyzing (new) designs to define the critical areas with guidelines for required improvements
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Technical knowledge on flow & temperature (gas, water ,air), vacuum systems, cranes, mechanics, electronics is desirable
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Analytical skills, structured way of working.
- Creative conceptual mindset to create future state factory Lay-out.
- Capability to interface with multidisciplinary groups including senior leadership.
- Goal oriented, taking initiative and getting things done.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, networking.
- Stakeholder management, align proposals and come to agreement.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English.
- Experience with change management.
- Able to influence without power and speak up.
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial attitude
- Perseverance when confronted with a push back
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The sector Operations is responsible for the production of wafer scanners. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
The EUV Factory (EF) produces the newest generation wafer scanners. Within this Factory, Facility Lay-out (EF-FL) continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes (including the system installation and qualification process at the customer location).
- Works in normal office hours
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.