Facility Lay-out Architect
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
4-9 years, 10-15 years
Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
In the EUV Factory (NXE/EXE) we are looking for a strong expert who can get our Factory Lay-out on the next level.
Due to the increase of EUV production and the constant need to introduce new products in our factory we need to rebuild our factory.
The Facility Lay-out architect reviews and challenges high level system and user requirements for Factory infrastructure for EUV Manufacturing and translates this into factory layout specifications towards Cooperate Real Estate (CRE)
If you like to be THE owner of this challenge, than this might be your next job opportunity
Role and responsibilities
You will be the technical expert to develop Factory Lay-out for the EUV Factory (EF) by reviewing and challenging high level Fab infrastructure for EUV Manufacturing and translating these requirements into factory layout requirements towards Cooperate Real Estate. You will need to master the complexity of New Products Introductions (NPI) in a dynamic factory environment.
The EUV Factory is responsible for both production and installation of NXE / EXE tools, the most advanced machines in ASML. This means you support the Factory with the Factory Lay-out in order to ensure optimized product cost, short lead-times and ‘short time to market’.
The architect will be the demanding voice of EF towards D&E regarding Manufacturing requirements, Corporate Real Estate team regarding building design and for EF regarding production processes.
- Being the voice of the factory in an early design phase of a new product
- Execute high level feasibility studies on factory lay-out on long term
- Translate high level system requirements to Facility specifications
- Align requirements and solutions with your functional architect counterpart within CRE & SE
- Align technical design with internal / external stakeholders
- Provide Factory Layout to meet user requirements.
- Review and challenge technical input
- Support Project Lead by scope definition and technical alignments
- Participate and attend CRE Project team meetings
Education and experience
- Master degree (or Bachelor degree with experience) in Industrial, Mechanical, Electrical engineering or Applied Physics is preferred and experience with or in Facility related area is a must.
- >5 years of experience in an Engineering, Production or Service environment with high tech products and complex production processes
- Proven track record in relation to industrialization, serviceability or availability and specifically system reliability, diagnostics and recovery
- Experience with analyzing (new) designs to define the critical areas with guidelines for required improvements
- Working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Broad scope: ASML system knowledge, software, mechanics, electronics, optics, data analyses, Agile
- ASML Factory and / or D&E experience.
- Goal oriented, taking initiative and getting things done.
- Analytical skills, structured way of working.
- Creative conceptual mindset to create future state factory Lay-out.
- Team player with excellent communication skills, networking.
- Stakeholder management, align proposals and come to agreement.
- Structured and overview skills
- Broad technical and business knowledge.
- Good verbal and writing skills in English and Dutch.
- Experience with change management.
- Project management skills
- Product, procedure and process minded with customer focus
- Excellent analytical skills and “helicopter view”
- Able to influence without power and speak up
- Self-propelling and entrepreneurial attitude
- Strong communication, organizational, interpersonal and team building skills
- Perseverance in situations when confront with push back
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The sector Operations is responsible for the production of wafer scanners. The complete production process of the most advanced machines takes place within Manufacturing.
The EUV Factory (EF) produces the newest generation wafer scanners. Within this Factory, Facility Lay-out (EF-FL) continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes (including the system installation and qualification process at the customer location).
- Job grade 7 (6-8 is possible depending experience, power and results)
- Works in normal office hours
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.