Learning & Development Sourcing and Procurement Intern
Learning and Knowledge Management
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Learning and Knowledge Management
Other technical backgrounds, Other non-technical backgrounds
No (not at all)
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
If you have a passion for technology, innovation, training (learning) and working with people who are passionate about their job, you’ll want to check this out. As an intern you are responsible for the below project in the Sourcing & Procurement (S&P) department in ASML San Jose.
In this project you will analyze the competencies that we have in our teams (role based) and identify learning/knowledge gaps Deliver a plan to close those learning gaps (including advice on new learning solutions)
Our Sourcing & Procurement (S&P) teams are responsible for securing material availability for ASML’s new systems during proto phase, early shipping and initial ramp up. This involves the planning and release of materials throughout the logistics chain from system development through suppliers and manufacturing to customers. As Learning & development trainee you support the different competencies in our department:
- Translate our role descriptions into a competent overview(s)
- Validate learning/knowledge gaps with team members and management
- Analyze our current training curricula and learning materials and link it to the competency overview
- Create a tangible plan to close learning gaps in the future
- evaluate effectiveness of training programs
Education and Experience
- Must be pursuing a degree in in Instructional Design, Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, or a related field of study
- Knowledge about using different learning interventions and learning management systems .
- Experience of stakeholder communication, should be able to connect to different stakeholder and conduct interviews to collect and validate learning needs.
Skills & Competencies
- Strong written/grammar and verbal communication skills
- Passion for designing and delivering engaging and interactive training programs.
- Strong analytical skills to identify training gaps and develop targeted programs.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work with subject matter experts at all levels.
- A proactive and self-motivated attitude with a focus on continuous improvement
- Able to “sell” learning solutions; able to influence and convince people.
- Get-on and do-it mentality. Very active, pragmatic and plenty of initiative..
- Open minded team player
- Aware of and act on various cultural differences.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $17.00 - $53.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.