Principal Engineer Shipment (Handling and Transport)
Design Engineering and Architecture
In a nutshell
Design Engineering and Architecture
Mechanical Engineering, Other technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
As Bill of Materials (BoM) process engineer at ASML, you have a high interest in product configuration, bill of materials management, and the architecture of structures. You will be involved with our most exciting BoM activities and will work closely with a wide variety of stakeholders to enable shipment of ASML systems to our end customers. Next to that you will actively contribute to further process improvement and bring change!
You will report to the Handling & Transport Technology (HTT) Group Lead where the HTT group is part of the Mechanical Development cluster (MDEV) within the Development & Engineering (D&E) sector.
The HTT department is responsible for the specification, definition, realization and qualification of all handling and transport and packaging solutions for ASML’s systems. Next to that HTT creates and maintains the shipment Bill of Material.
Role and responsibilities
Within the scope of HTT you’ll be the process engineer, who is responsible for creating and maintaining bill of materials that enable the shipment processes, and the transportation of ASML’s systems to our customers.
You will have a vital coordinating role within D&E and be the bridge between engineering and logistics. You will secure, maintain and improve HTT processes.
As Bill of Materials (BoM) process engineer, you will:
- Create and maintain an inventory on packaging materials and tooling to create Shipment BoM, Move BoM,
Sales BoM in both Teamcenter and SAP used for the transport of ASML’s systems
- Create the Packing Overview for system shipment
- Work together with external and internal stakeholders to reach common goals (such as architects, module projects, manufacturing engineering, (shipment) logistics, install, customers)
- Be involved in continuous improvement projects that can have an impact on HTT systems
Education and experience
- Bachelor or master’s degree in a technical discipline, such as (industrial) engineering
- Or a similar level acquired from working experience with BoM structures related to the shipment of complex systems
- Experience with working in multi-disciplinary teams
- Knowledge of logistic processes
- Knowledge of SAP and/or Teamcenter and/or Siemens NX
Working at the cutting edge of technology, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social and communication skills
- Interest in the architecture of structures and curiosity to understand the work of stakeholders
- Flexible, analytical, and problem solver with a systematic approach
- Networking; pro-actively build and maintain a large network throughout the organization
- Quality oriented and eye for detail
- Ability to work independently and motivated to raise questions when needed
- Fluency in English (speaking and writing)
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
In this position, you’ll need to access US-controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. If you apply, you must be legally authorized to access such US-controlled technology before the job starts.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.