Process Architect Problem Solving
Business Process Management
In a nutshell
Business Process Management
4-9 years, 10-15 years, 16+ years
Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Chemical Engineering, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Data Science, Other technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
To secure future demand, EUV Factory will need to invest in mid-long term future improvements (Vision). The aim is to identify bottlenecks and define future opportunities in business benefits: ensure product quality, short lead-times (factory cycle time), high efficiency and short ‘time to market’ for Production.
This Architect position is the designer of the process improvements for structural solving and preventing issues in the EUV Factory. 2nd position is process on solving problems fast and effective.
Role and responsibilities
In this role you are the business process architect of a process in EF. You will be the leading architect in the process Solve and Prevent structural issue resolution. This is the process as follow up on a closed disturbances to prevent it from recurring ever again.
Part of the process are the closure of the disturbance with the needed information and codes, get containment in place asap, DRB or MRB follow up, create AIR, IRM, ambition lists, claim D&E redesign or supplier control and more.
The EF-ENG-P&I group is a new centralized team in engineering and started Q1-2023.
• Take ownership together with the process engineer (subject matter expert) of the process. He/she will be your right hand on (data-) analysis, insights and reporting on process status.
• Create a vision and roadmap on improving your process. Work as a team with the other architects and combine the roadmaps to 1 vision for the factory.
• Work together with our Project Leads to execute the roadmap, implement the improvements ideas.
• Make sure you are well connected to other architects in ASML and to our internal customers to get good insights of what is needed. Network is crucial in this job.
• Connect to the users of the processes e.g. factory shopfloor and key-users.
• Work together in a ‘3 in a Box’ concept with architects, process engineers and project leads.
• Create best known methods and look at other processes in our outside of ASML. Look into Industry 4.0, AI and next level methods and use what is applicable for our processes.
Education and experience
Bachelor or Master or PhD, preferable technical
• Broad technical and business knowledge.
• Experience with processes, preferably in factory.
• 3+ years of experience in an Engineering environment.
• Preferably experience in (structural) problem solving, improving production processes.
• Preferably some years ASML (Manufacturing) experience.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Creative conceptual mind set to create future state and roadmap, new ideas and solutions.
• Goal oriented
• Structured way of working and analytic.
• Effective interpersonal skills; easy in networking; able to convince others; persistent.
• Stakeholder management, align proposals and come to agreement. Able to sell your ideas.
• Enterprising, goal-oriented and plenty of initiative (pro-active).
• Focused on quality and continuous improvement.
• Flexible, can cope with stress.
• Teamwork and teamplayer, good social skills.
• Proficient in English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
The sector Operations is responsible for the production of ASML systems.
The EUV Factory (EF) produces the newest generation NXE and EXE wafer scanners. Within this EUV Factory, EF Engineering (EF-ENG) continuously adapts, optimizes and supports the production processes. With the growing size of factory and resulting engineering demand, and the growing need for processes improvements, a new team is created: EF-ENG-P&I.
PE Production Engineering (competence engineers working on tech content), FLS (tech support) and TS (tech NPI support) are technical and operational focused roles in EF-ENG. The new P&I team has dedicated focus on processes and improvements.
This team consists of 2 groups:
- PA&PL, a group of business Process Architects and Project Leads
- Process Engineers, a group process experts (SME)
The Architect reports to the GL of Architects and Project Leads (~12 FTE), who reports to the manager P&I (30-40 FTE), who reports to the director ENG (~400 FTE) being an EF senior staff member.
Regular office hours (BFM), Architect target: training, coaching and further growth potential will get sufficient attention in this spot.
If you have interest in this position, please apply with your CV + cover letter
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.