Program Manager - Strategy Cost Execution
Projects, Programs and Change
In a nutshell
Projects, Programs and Change
Other non-technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
ASML, a market leader in the semiconductor lithography equipment, is looking to fill the role of Program Manager reporting to the newly created role of Strategy Execution Manager in the Wilton Management Team. The candidate will be responsible for project management, execution, and reporting for cost related projects across all aspects of the organization, including Re-Use, Commonality, and other initiatives. This is an opportunity to learn about the overall business of ASML across all sectors and to drive high impact change throughout the organization.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Strategy Execution Manager to ensure high priority programs are completed, including motivating team members with an understanding of the rationale and importance of project success.
- Actively engage and align with Sector Heads, Department Managers and Group Leads to secure necessary resources.
- Create detailed project plans including resource requirements.
- Define deliverables for project team members.
- Delegate tasks and follow up.
- Communicate project progress to Senior Leadership as well as stakeholders at all levels of the organization.
- Understand proper escalation paths and acts accordingly.
- Manage project interdependencies.
- Understand how your project links to the overall organization.
- Properly manage impact of changes of your project plan.
- Technical background with relevant knowledge in one discipline (mono or multi).
- Is able to assess and mitigate project risk based on input of team members.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Education and experience
- B.S. Engineering or other technical field minimum, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 5 years in a project leadership role preferred but not required.
- Minimum 8 years of technical experience in a high tech industry preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the semiconductor industry or precision engineering field preferred but not required.
- Previous experience driving cost reduction initiatives preferred but not required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
- Strong analytical skills, process oriented, business sense and capability to lead a team to develop vision and strategy.
- Excellent communication skills, interfacing and convincing on all levels.
- People Development skills and leadership.
- Drive for solutions, result oriented, hands-on mentality.
- Pro-active, act under high pressure. Thinking out of the box.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Responsibilities within Office:
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.