S&P - Procurement Account Manager (Sourcing Lead) - Linkou / Tainan
Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
In a nutshell
Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
Mechanical Engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical backgrounds, Other non-technical backgrounds
Introduction to the job
Procurement Account Manager is responsible for the overall relationship between ASML and a set of its key suppliers. Current suppliers will be managed for QLTCS (Quality, Logistics, Technology, Cost and Sustainability) performance, while potential new suppliers will be discovered for future business as needed. This position requires a combination of skills in strategic thinking, leadership, initiative, professional communication, financial/business analysis, and is greatly aided by a background in engineering or technology.
In this position you will manage assigned suppliers and an overall commodity/category (supply base) to ensure ASML is supported by world-class suppliers delivering on time, at spec, good quality and at the lowest total cost. You will be expected to actively pursue continuous improvement with current suppliers and potential suppliers and continually explore opportunities arising from process and product improvements, new technology, alternative materials and suppliers, enhancements in supply chain activities, cost reduction programs and any other opportunities that may present a competitive advantage.
Role and responsibilities
- Strategically develops vision and targets of supplier landscape by pursuing critical technology roadmap and product roadmap in collaboration with category manager while considering regional needs.
- Jointly defines and executes category sourcing strategy with Category PFT (Product Family Team) and strategic supplier account plans at suppliers.
- Proactively monitors developments and trends within the supply base for precision mechanics and assembly category and ensures ASML is prepared to react appropriately for short to long terms.
- Drives supplier selection activities by leading one or more Sourcing Teams.
- Prepares and presents for key decision making in executive review meetings, regarding make/buy decisions and supplier selections.
- Negotiates Long Term Supply Agreements (LTSA), NPI Agreements, and associated addendums, and monitors contractual compliance of the supplier as well as ASML.
- Drives continuous cost and lead time reduction.
- Take lead to manage suppliers’ QLTCS performance with SAT (“Supplier Account Team”) through review processes on regular basis, eg QBR and Executive Review Meeting (ERM).
- Prepares supplier spending forecasts and monitors supplier financial health.
- Ensures all communication to the supplier is coordinated and consistent.
- Drives supply base rationalization within the categories.
- Participates in supplier overall capabilities audits and drives closure of findings and improvement plans.
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics Management, Engineering or related field is required or equivalent experience a minimum of 10 years of progressive experience in supplier management in a high-tech, international manufacturing environment.
- A deep understanding of one or more technology-related supply chains is strongly preferred. Due to the strategic nature of the commodities/categories involved, a proven track record in developing strong business relationships with key suppliers and experience in developing and executing long term agreements is required.
- Experience with complex negotiations, problem solving, strategic planning and financial analysis are essential.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally is required.
- Knowledge of continuous improvement techniques is a big plus and a strong familiarity with technology manufacturing is highly preferred.
Working at the cutting edge of technology, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and close collaboration is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (i.e. Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Outlook).
- Excellent written and verbal communications in English are essential. Negotiation skills are critical.
- Operate effectively with all levels of management both internally and externally.
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams is essential to performing the job.
- Must be able to professionally represent ASML to outside companies/suppliers.
- Ability to build a strong (internal and external) network.
- Ability to get buy-in and commitment from both internal and external stakeholders.
- Willingness to “constructively dissent” and challenge management thinking on key issues.
- Must thrive in an environment where multi-tasking is the norm.
- Strong vision of supplier landscape, supply chain networks and technology roadmap.
Diversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Capable of speaking Japanese and experience of handling Japan supply chain is a big plus and highly preferred.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.