S&P Product Project Manager
Projects, Programs and Change
In a nutshell
Projects, Programs and Change
10-15 years, 16+ years
Mechanical Engineering, Other technical backgrounds, Other non-technical backgrounds
A challenging project management opportunity for seasoned professionals within ASML’s Sourcing & Procurement (S&P) sector. Within this sector the Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) department is responsible for the supply chain introduction and industrialization of new products.
The mission of The Sourcing & Procurement Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) team is to manage ASML product roadmaps into lean supply chain solutions. PLM is responsible for securing material availability for ASML’s new systems during proto phase, early shipping and ramp up. This involves the planning and release of materials throughout the supply chain from system development through suppliers. Time to market is a priority for ASML. PLM participates in system development from day one – defining QLTCS requirements and identifying potential risks in suppliers’ design and production processes. In the spirit of concurrent engineering, this happens while the system is still being developed, so specifications are constantly subject to change.
Role and responsibilities
Fast market introduction of ASML’s newest technologies requires concurrent engineering by all disciplines. The Sourcing & Procurement Project Manager fulfills this need by bridging the gap between new product development, supply chain volume operations and phase out.
As Project Manager, you will make a real difference to the efficiency and profitability of the company by determining and managing the supply chain project plan of platforms, new products, associated introduction types (new builds, installs and upgrades), industrialization and phase-out strategies. Managing risks and requirements at product level across the full life cycle (feasibility, design, ramp, release-for-volume and phase down). Manage requirements at function development level. To achieve this, you will be using your unique mix of technical, creative and people skills and you will lead and coordinate your team of up to 25 team members. Responsibilities include:
- Manage the supply chain introduction of new products from technical feasibility towards ramp and release-for-volume by means of driving an integral approach on Quality, Logistics, Technology, Cost and Sustainability (QLTCS) during the entire Product Generation Process.
- Build the organization and mobilize resources of the project team to fulfill the project plan.
- Manage supply chain requirements & deliverables through key decision gates of ASML’s Product Generation Process
- Manage material availability balanced against customer service levels, inventory, quality, costs and risks: Identify bottle necks, prepare decisions and take actions towards engineering, suppliers, factories, field to manage the critical path both for time-to-market and ramp new modules and parts in our supply chain in order to support ASML’s product roadmap
- Drive the Industrialization KPI’s; roadmap on Cost of Goods, Supply Chain Cycle time, Supply chain Move rate capability and Supply chain quality performance
- Manage the Non-Recurring Engineering budgets (Opex and Capex) of Sourcing and Procurement at Product Level
- Represent all Sourcing and Procurement departments in the cross-function Product management Team.
Education and experience
- MSc degree in (industrial) engineering or supply chain.
- 8-year work experience in a complex organization of which 2 – 5 years’ experience in managing new product introductions preferably in high-tech, low-volume OEM environments.
- Proven track record in project management and leading multi-disciplinary teams
- Pro-active problem solver, action and result oriented
- Stakeholder management: Effectively manage stakeholders both at operational and executive levels
- Collaborative personality able to organize cross functional cooperation
- Natural leader, able to lead, coach and motivate team members
- Strong negotiation skills for interacting with other sectors and suppliers
- The drive, energy and initiative to achieve continuous improvement
- Strong business sense enabling optimal balancing of stakeholders' interests
- Excellent professional communication in English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML is a leading provider of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry, employing more than 42.000 people in sixteen countries. Its success is based on four pillars: technology leadership combined with customer and supplier intimacy, highly efficient manufacturing and entrepreneurial spirit. Within this organization the Sourcing & Supply Chain (S&SC) department is responsible for all commercial and operational supplier interactions; Strategic sourcing & procurement, supply chain phase-in and phase-out of new and changed products, integrated supply chain planning, customer supply chain management on spare parts and upgrades, logistic operations and spares
You will be working in the Sourcing and Procurement Product Life Cycle Management (PLM) team. You report to a Sourcing and Procurement PLM Program Manager.
"This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology."
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked question
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.