System Industrialization Engineer Intern
Interns and Trainees
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Interns and Trainees
Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical backgrounds
No (not at all)
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
The mission of System Industrialization Engineer is to design, maintain and optimize production & service processes, served as the communication bridge between D&E and operation (Factory & CS) and introduce new product via standard IE deliverables. Being an expert in SEM, you will function as the key interface of San Jose D&E, take the challenge of solving complex problems in a creative way and adapt to changed output requirements. As the result, this position needs to deeply involved in early design phase, to a limited extent manage the reliability, availability, manufacturability and serviceability and drive for continuous improvement.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Will work on SEM EO project in world class cleanroom environment to improve productivity by performing ergonomic evaluations, cycle time studies, simulation/cost analysis and line balancing. Under the guidance from Senior engineer to optimize assembly flow & process and generate related documentations.
- Assist in developing innovative processes, concepts, and design approaches for existing as well as new products and processes
- Undertake basic project development tasks such as writing and verifying specifications, maintaining process and product documentation, and testing and validating new processes, equipment, and product prototypes.
- Help identify, improve, and solve problems linked to existing and new manufacturing processes and equipment
- Create process experimentation, obtain data for analysis, and make data-driven decisions among teammates to better the project, and drive changes for the long term of the business.
- Assist in acquiring and implementing new processes/technologies to support both production and R&D
- Assist in the continuous improvement of quality, delivery, and cost through the effective use of lean manufacturing principles
- The document, report, and present learnings to management and site leaders on development work.
- Other duties as assigned
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and Experience
- Must be pursuing a degree program applied physics, Mechanical / Electrical / Optics / Robotic / Industrial engineering or relevant related field of study.
- Knowledge and experience using e-beam system is a plus,
- Familiar with Microsoft Office
- Capable of working in an extremely fast paced and always changing environment
Skills & Competencies
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA . It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $17.00 - $53.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.