Thermal Control Engineer Intern
Interns and Trainees
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Interns and Trainees
Physics, Materials Science, Mechanical Engineering
No (not at all)
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
As a Thermal control Engineer intern for electron beam system, you will perform a variety of engineering tasks including designing, developing, testing, analyzing, troubleshooting and implementing sub-assemblies and modules as you create and evaluate designs to meet requirements of specified applications. Your design activities will include thermal control in high vacuum , high voltage system environment..
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
- Develop Temperature control related module from concept to completion, and final release to manufacturing based on requirements of functionality, performance, serviceability and availability for electron beam systems and subsystems.
- Translate performance specifications into design specification for modules and sub-modules.
- Creation and validation of new concepts, organize and prepare design reviews.
- Create detailed 3D model and 2D drawings of parts and assemblies using CAD software for manufacturing and integration.
- Work with vendors and consultants to select, develop, analyze and fabricate components and sub-assemblies.
- Work cross-functionally and drive implementation of design best practices into product design.
- Deliver clear technical documents, provide effective presentation and written evaluations to communicate concepts, designs, test results, etc.
Education and Experience
Must be pursuing a degree preferably from Mechanical Engineering or Physics with thermal control background
- 2+ years of hands-on experience in mechanical hardware developing, working on a complex engineering product/project, specifically in thermal control
- Must have good understanding of physics and mechanics.
- Good Hands-on proficiency with 3D modeling & 2D detailed drawings using CAD software including but not limited to Solidworks and NX.
- Good hands-on experiments experience with strong design-of-experiments (DOE) skills to plan, conduct, analyze, and interpret results of controlled tests.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience in designing, fabrication, and testing of mechanical, electro-mechanical modules
- Good capability to evaluate and work outside contractors, consultants, and machine shops.
Skills & Competencies
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $17.00 - $53.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.