UI/UX Designer Research Intern
Interns and Trainees
In a nutshell
San Jose, US
Interns and Trainees
Computer Science, Other technical backgrounds
No (not at all)
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This role involves design the interaction interface for ASML’s computational lithography platform. The UI/UX designer will work closely with an international, multi-disciplinary team to create highly usable products.
- Implement UI/UIX (User Interface / User Experience) based software applications.
- Implement new functional capabilities.
- Develop high level and detailed user flow diagrams, wireframes, storyboards, mockups and prototypes to effectively communicate interaction and functional designs.
- Work with developers to ensure accurate implementation of the designs.
- Write User Guide, Release Notes, and other documentation.
- Create and maintain specifications such as interface guidelines and standards across products.
- Translate usability test results and other user research into product design improvements.
- Design and implement styling changes.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Job description subject to change at any time.
Education and Experience
- Must be pursuing a degree in Human Factors Engineering, or other related, relevant technical field of engineering
- Knowledge of human computer interaction, user-centered design principles, Human Factors Engineering, and interaction design
- Good portfolio showing critical thinking in interaction design
- Intimate understanding of product development processes and methodologies
- Hands-on command of the design tools needed to communicate detailed specifications, workflow and wireframes.
- Ability to quickly grasp and distill highly complex matters into clean, understandable software interface, and usability research.
Skills & Competencies
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- This position is located on-site in San Jose, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Must be willing to work in a clean room environment, wearing coveralls, hoods, booties, safety glasses and gloves for entire duration of shift.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Potential candidates will meet the education and experience requirements provided on the above job description and excel in completing the listed responsibilities for this role. All candidates receiving an offer of employment must successfully complete a background check band any other tests that may be required.
The current base annual salary range for this role is currently $17.00 - $53.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement: ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.