You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML San Diego is looking for talented and motivated engineers to come be part of enabling tomorrow's technology through today’s advances in EUV photo lithography, the most technology critical process of semiconductor manufacturing.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legallyauthorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Manufacturing Engineer will provide manufacturability oversite during the design phase thru new product introduction and serve as the “eyes of the customer” before we introduce new technologies and designs to our customers. The Manufacture Engineer will involve on NPI project to bring a product from the concept design to volume manufacturing.
Role and responsibilities
- Evaluates prototype and manufacturing practices to develop optimized process flows to ensure repeatability and quality
- Partners with design engineering during prototype, piloting, final product and tooling design reviews to ensure manufacturability, quality, and reliability
- Writes requirements documents and serves as advocate in design process for Design for Assembly/Design for Manufacturability principals
- Responsible for introduction of new product into Pilot Manufacturing phase and transition to sustaining engineering
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional and cross-site teams
- Drives and tracks project progress and updates database to meet defined schedule
- Develops and improve processes using LEAN/Six Sigma principals
- Collects issues identified by technicians to define improvement areas. Utilizes structured problem solving for root cause analysis, corrective actions, and solution implementation
- Participates in design and process FMEA
- Transfers knowledge to volume factory responsible for executing builds and qualification
- Validates build/test sequence and material allocations
- Write and validate assembly and test processes and procedures to be used in manufacturing.
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during tests. Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis
- Performs failure analysis, uses data for product industrialization changes
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced team members on root cause analysis and problem-solving methodologies and statistical analysis/process control
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree or master's degree in electrical engineering, Industrial, Manufacturing or Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience is preferred in Process Engineering, Industrial Engineering or Manufacturing Engineering
- Prior Lithography experience preferred
- Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, Word, MS Project
- Experience with MRP system; SAP preferred
- LEAN Six Sigma Black Belt Preferred
- Systems engineering and interaction experience – hardware and software interface
- Some software, controls experience preferred
- Experience in executing improvement projects with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Ability to analyze and translate data to effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule
- Data driven decision maker, good negotiation skills, positive attitude
- Able to read technical drawings and interpret specifications
- Able to define Bill of Material structure in support of defined build sequence
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship and network building
- Partner with peer organizations as member of multi-disciplinary teams
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment
- Excellent written, verbal communication and presentation skills
- Customer service and focus
- Stake holder management
- Energetic and enthusiastic
- Multitasking, priority setting and risk management
- Team focused but individually accountable
- Hands on and desire to be the Subject Matter Expert
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint. Familiarity with MS Project preferred
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $91,875.00- $153,125.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions:
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee routinely is required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus including working while fully gowned in a clean room environment.
- The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- The employee may be required to travel based on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Extended periods of time in a clean room environment should be expected. Requires gowning in Class 10K gowning protocol.
- May need to work in labs with equipment that emit high-pitched noise.
- May spend extended periods of time at a computer workstation.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.