You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manufacturing Engineer with an architectural view for EUV Optical Column
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechanical engineering, Mechatronics, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Do you want to play a key role in the development of new production and service processes required to manufacture and service ASML’s latest EUV chip-manufacturing systems? Do you have a good feeling for how to make product designs better manufacturable and serviceable, and do you want to be the spider in the web arranging everything it takes to pursue world-class manufacturing and topnotch field service management? Then the job of Manufacturing Engineer for EUV Optical Column might be just the one for you!
ASML is an innovation leader in the semiconductor industry. We provide chipmakers with the systems they need to mass-produce faster, smarter and more energy efficient microchips through lithography. Our EUV system pushes Moore's Law forward and enables groundbreaking technology that improves everyone's lives. The Optical Column is the heart of the EUV system, a true technological miracle. It consists of multiple opto-mechanical modules that together shape and manipulate the EUV light to flawlessly print the correct patterns on the silicon wafer, ultimately resulting in the microchip.
As a Manufacturing Engineer for EUV Optical Column, you are responsible for the development and implementation of new production and service processes to assemble, test and service the advanced modules of the EUV Optical Column within the agreed cycle time and availability specifications and to the satisfaction of the factory workers and field service engineers. In addition, you ensure that above goals are achieved by also providing design feedback and securing its correct implementation to make the production and maintenance of EUV Optical Column modules happen in the most efficient way.
Role and responsibilities
· Develop and create the standard operating procedures and sequences necessary to assemble, integrate, test, diagnose and service the state-of-the-art modules of the Optical Column, with the aim of minimizing factory cycle time and maximizing system availability without sacrificing quality.
· Specify the requirements that new product designs must comply to in terms of manufacturability and serviceability and ensure their correct implementation by participating in design reviews. This also includes specifying user requirements for the software needed to test the Optical Column.
· Deliver effective diagnostic documentation that enables factory workers and field service engineers to independently solve complex Optical Column issues. In case this does not suffice, act as a subject matter expert in the problem analysis and provide hands-on support.
· Create and give presentations to transfer technical knowledge from development to the operational sectors in an understandable manner.
· Analyze the production and service processes in the factory and the field, identify structural issues, work out suggestions for improvement and drive their implementation.
· Monitor the performance of the Optical Column fleet or build automatic tools for it to identify serious problems at an early stage and take corrective measures in a timely manner.
Education and experience
Master’s or bachelor’s degree in mechatronics, industrial, mechanical or electrical engineering, or an equivalent study in technical engineering.
· Background in an environment with high-tech products and complex production processes is a plus.
· Demonstrated affinity with developing or optimizing (production) processes and product designs.
· Familiar with analyzing and writing technical documentation, such as procedures and trainings.
· Knowledge of the basics of mechanics, optics, control engineering and programming.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Entrepreneurial mindset to proactively own the work and drive it to accepted realization in time.
· Ability to position oneself in the shoes of the customer and derive the right initiatives from that.
· Highly motivated team player with plenty of initiative and drive to work in a structured manner.
· Tech enthusiast who, in addition to process development, has a strong preference for co-designing products in terms of Design for Assembly and Design for Serviceability.
· Excellent communication skills and good command of the English language, both oral and written.
· Open to occasional travel to ASML's key suppliers and customers abroad.
· Academic mindset with a pragmatic approach.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of this position reports to the group manager of the IE Projection & SQE group which is part of the D&E Optical Column department in the EUV business line. This department is responsible for the development, integration and industrialization of the entire Optical Column in EUV systems to realize ASML’s challenging product roadmap.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.