You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manufacturing - Radiation Protection Specialist - Tainan
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Execute strategies to assure "Manufacturing Radiation Machine Permit" could be successfully update and obtain the "e-Beam NPI radiation permit" on time to met the producing schedule. • Protect against the detriment of ionizing radiation, reduce workplace radiation risks and create better, safer, healthier working conditions. • Ensure compliance with radiation protection regulations, and all corporate policies and procedures. • Other management matters related to EHS.
Based on the Taiwan Government Regulations on "Ionizing Radiation Protection", e-Beam is produced at the Tainan factory, which requires an expert with a "radiation protection personnel" license and hired as a fixed ASML employee. 1. The e-Beam machine with voltages >30 kV in which electrons are accelerated (i.e. there is a electron beam) there is a possibly of an ionizing radiation (X ray) safety risk. 2. Based on Taiwan regulations “Ionizing Radiation Protection Act”, we are required to possess a “manufacturing permit” from the Tainan factory, and "radiation protection personnel" license
Role and responsibilities
· Maintain the effectiveness of radiation protection plans, assist in the establishment of safe operating procedures and emergency measures, and supervise implementation;
· Maintain the operation of the Manufacture Radiation Permit system;
· Carry out risk assessments and minimize risk to employees, workers and the environment;
· Plan and supervise the radiation protection management, implement radiation detection of ionizing radiation equipment;
· Report and declare related to radiation protection required to the government;
· Supervise and handle the dose record management of ionizing radiation workers, and the investigation and treatment of overexposure;
· Monitor manufacture operations to identify any design, construction, or operation practices that violate safety regulations and laws;
· Assist in planning health examination of the radiation workers and assist the health management;
· Communicate with Corporate, other regional, and local EHS colleagues on programs implementation and project support;
· OTHER MANAGEMENT MATTERS RELATED TO EHS.
Education and experience
Bachelor / Master
· Taiwan governmental "radiation protection personnel" license. (證照：輻射防護員/輻射防護師) (must necessary condition)
· At least 2 years of radiation protection related work experiences
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
· Sustain focus on details for a longer period of time, without increasing the number of mistakes
· Work accurate, careful, exact and check work before delivery
· Show integrity and honesty
· Can cooperate effectively in (multidisciplinary) groups
· Communicate effectively in both Chinese and English
· Act in compliance with procedures
· Involve colleagues in getting things done
· Timely escalate issues
· Express ideas for improvements
· Detail oriented and independent
· Good team player
· Proactive and communicative personality
· Cultural awareness and diplomacy
· Commitment: take ownership and achieve end result
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.