You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Manufacturing Test Technician (2nd shift - Shift Differential Added - Sign-On Bonus!)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
Performs sub-system assembly, optical alignment, functional test, equipment calibration, station setup and process development support. Assists in recommending changes in design, methods, and procedures to enhance product quality.
Role and responsibilities
- Uses standardized tools and electronic equipment (i.e., torque wrenches, electric and pneumatic screwdrivers and ball drivers, lifting equipment, computers, oscilloscopes) to assemble/install/remove or perform testing and troubleshooting.
- Assists in performing a variety of moderately complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge (i.e., sub-assembly, assembly, build, test, R&D, QA)..
- May utilize functional area databases to run reports and analyze/trend data;Assists in making recommendations to management in order to meet production needs.
- May interface with engineers to support special tests and experiments with detailed instructions.
- Documents and monitors safety or security violations critical to product quality or operations.
- May use specialized test equipment such as leak testing, Hi - Pot and alignment instruments.
- Troubleshoots failures with pressurized Gas, and Water sytems with Helium.
- Reads and understands business documents such as Bill of Materials, routing sheets, inventory records and work instructions.
- Uses cleaning cloths with Acetone, Methanol, and Isopropyl alcohol to wipe surfaces prior to shipping product.
- Maintains a clean work area, and is responsible for designated tools (routine maintenance and calibration).
- Installs electrical connectors to modules.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Requires a minimum of two (2) years related work experience.
- Associate’s Degree in technical or scientific field is highly desired.
- Experience in using all electronic/pneumatic tools preferred.
- Experience with Automated Testing Equipment, LabVIEW preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret schematics/drawings.
- Basic understanding of laser systems is preferred.
- Ability to apply knowledge of Company policies and technical skills in support of multiple products, services and components.
- Electrical/ electronic background.
- Ability to troubleshoot, identify and correct problems in complex software-driven electronic systems (not circuit-board troubleshooting).
- Familiarity with cleanroom protocol is preferred.
- Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing and 5S principles preferred.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as proportions, percentages, basic algebra.
- Good proficiency with a wide variety of tools and equipment (e.g., oscilloscopes, voltage and current probes, multi-meters, chart recorders, Mensors, and Helium Sniffers).
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires general computer skills and knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The Californiabase annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $18.03 - $30.05. Payscales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with marketdata. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment ofseveral factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but notlimited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience,certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other teammembers. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program,benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.