You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Material Handler (3)
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Timely delivery material to the correct location. As a Material handler, you will helping to delivery parts in order to build the latest computer chip making machines.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
1st Shift - 10:00am – 6:30pm, M-F
May require overtime on occasions
Role and responsibilities
- This position is located on-site in San Diego, CA. It requires onsite presence to attend in-person work-related events, trainings and meetings and to further ensure teamwork, collaboration and innovation.
- Facilitates the receipt, verification, computer transaction and physical movement of all incoming manufactured inventory and non-inventory items. Transports material to other facilities as required.
- Receives and counts of manufactured goods
- Audits all goods coming from manufacturing to be packaged
- Conduct Cycle counts on inventory.
- Supports project improvements in work area
- Logs receipts via computer system(s).
- Packages line down parts coming from work centers.
- Coordinates with Work Cells to resolve discrepant receipts.
- Files documentation in accordance with department procedures.
- Coordinates activities related to: Production work order releases, shipment consolidation, ship/confirm, CKM sales order process, and back order process.
- Processes and packages shipments
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED). AS or related degree is a plus.
- Requires 0-2 years of experience; may have fewer years of experience with a Bachelor's degree.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully to perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The employee is occasionally required to move around the campus.
- The employee may be required to travel based on business needs.
- Can work under deadlines.
- The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to unload trucks via forklift and pallet jack.
- Ability to work with hand and power tools (impact wrench, drill, hammer, etc.)
- Requires employees to work in a safe, professional, and ethical manner.
- Will require work for periods of time at a computer terminal, interspersed with meetings, phone calls and other communications activities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Oracle, and electronic e-mail systems.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- 1st Shift - 10:00am – 6:30pm, M-F
- May require overtime on occasions
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.