You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechanical Constructions System Architect DuV
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
Are you eager to further develop your mechanical expertise, to be part of the state-of-the art technology innovation
and multiple engineering disciplines? Do you want to work within a dedicated team to achieve breakthroughs? Do you
have interest in a being part of a high-qualified international oriented family? Are you in for developing your personal
skills by being pro-active and inquisitive? You have a minimum of 8 years of experience and minimum a bachelor
education? If so, then the job of System Architect at ASML could be the perfect next step in your career.
ASML is one of the world’s leading manufacturers of Chip-making equipment. ASML is a multinational company with
offices in 60 cities in 16 countries, Headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. We employ more than 34.000
people worldwide. Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification,
design and engineering of the ASML products. For this sector (D&E) we are looking for a System Architect in our
group Mechanical Constructions DUV.
Role and responsibilities
• Broad scope and helicopter view in Mechanical Architecture of our DUV Scanners
• Contribution to the development of a state-of-the-art, high-tech measurement system.
• Challenge to meet performance specifications, quality aspects, time considerations and cost.
• Come in touch with every engineering process step.
• Work together in multidisciplinary teams.
• International opportunities.
Your mission as an ASML System Architect is to think – conceptually and creatively. Because we need people who
can translate extremely exotic requirements into extremely feasible mechanical designs.
The System architect reports to the Functional Owner, System Engineer, Project leader and Program manager. The
System architect is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
You will achieve your mission by generating concepts and discussing them with colleagues from a very broad range
of technical disciplines. To ensure you get the best of your colleagues’ creative thinking and analytical skills you must
communicate and pitch the abstract as well as the technical details. You must pitch your vision and motivate
feedback. In short, you must inspire. Because by inspiring them, you will get the insight and holistic viewpoint you
need to make, mold and refine the highly artistic design that we crave for.
The System architect is responsible for to translate high level System requirements into specifications for our
modules. This is done together with architects of other disciplines and System engineering, to enable reliable, stable,
safe, contamination free, cost effective and easy to manufacture/service products.
You work on the requirements and generating design concepts of one or more products, generating concept designs
with a small team of mechanical experts in a cross functional project setting. Continuously improving quality of
mechanical design is a main requirement.
• Write specifications for modules and related parts supporting different (sub)systems.
• Act as technical leader to define the solution, guide the team and coach several engineers.
• Responsible to define the correct mechanical construction principles.
• Realizes the qualification of the design by contributing to the specification of various tests.
• Designs and realizes tests and appliances and is responsible for ensuring that prototypes are built and tested .
• Reviews the technical product documentation and design implementation towards manufacturing and field
• Defines the roadmap for our deliverables for the next generation DUV scanners
Education and experience
Technical University Masters in Mechanics or Bachelor in Mechanical Engineering
• Minimum of 8 years of experience in a development and engineering organization with the realization of
supporting structures and service mechanisms.
• Knowledge of machine directives.
• Excellent knowledge in the field designing on stiffness and strength.
• Knowledge of NX / 3D CAD, construction principles and geometric dimensioning and tolerance.
• Experience in evaluating FEM / mechanical Analysis results.
• Sheet Metal design.
• Knowledge of engineering, adhesion technology, static load design and high precision alignment.
• Preferred: ASML way of Working experience or similar companies
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
• Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
• Good knowledge of English and preferably Dutch language.
• Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude.
• Ability to achieve alignment between multiple projects, of which some are located abroad.
• Pro-active attitude in preparing the information and aligning with multiple level stakeholders.
• Helicopter view. Easily can determine priorities and main risks.
• Good analytical skills. Works structured.
• Show ownership in not only implementing a module, but a function.
• Critical on results.
• Drive for quality and improve reliability, availability, manufacturability & serviceability for new and existing ASML
products and the capability to implement design improvements.
• Module integration in Sub Systems from OEM partners / co-developers.
• Flexible and open mindset, anticipating on a challenging and dynamic environment.
• Eager to drive his/her own development.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Key words: Mechanical, mechanics, design, engineering, NX
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.