You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechatronics Actuator Architect
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
We are looking for a Mechatronics Actuator Architect who is interested to contribute to the design of the mechatronics architecture or function of a module. You will work to develop and improve those modules together with the mechanical, electrical, and software departments. Are you up to take on the challenge to balance the performance requirements with costs, manufacturability and serviceability?
Role and responsibilities
Your job embodies specification, design, technical budget analysis, critical component selection, integration, test planning, test execution, and trouble shooting.
You will be working in multidisciplinary project teams, aimed at realizing the actuation function in ASML’s systems. Your tasks will be:
- Defining the actuator architecture for new modules;
- Defining the roadmap for actuator architecture of modules and defining solutions for existing modules;
- Guiding and leading a team of design engineers;
- Modeling and simulation of actuators, and/or actuator systems, delivering multiple degrees of freedom;
- Modeling effects of electromagnetic crosstalk;
Specifying solutions towards mono-disciplinary departments;
- Building up and maintaining specialist knowledge on actuation and basic knowledge in the fields of servo control, signal analysis, testing, software, mechanics, optics, electronics, sensors and dynamics;
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters or PhD in Mechatronics/Mechanical engineering/Electrical engineering/Technical Physics;
- Theoretical and/or practical experience with electromagnetic actuator design;
- Experience with finite-element analysis tools, preferably in the field of electromagnetics;
- Affinity with control engineering, power electronics, and mechanical development of high precision products;
- Affinity with manufacturing processes (coil winding, magnet assembly, laser welding);
- Skilled in Matlab.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player;
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude;
- Ability to balance the needs of stakeholders regarding conflicting system performance specifications;
- Good communication skills and good knowledge of English.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader of a group within the MSD department and is operational within multidisciplinary projects.
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems, functions, and components which are fitted into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems, and material handling are part of this.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.