You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Mechatronics MATLAB Expert
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Mechatronics, Mechanical engineering, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
As MATLAB Expert in the Mechatronic Systems Department (MSD) you will be a key player in a multidisciplinary environment where the MATLAB code used for current and next generation mechatronic modules is developed.
Role and responsibilities
Your job mission is to provide guidance in the development of MATLAB-based deliverables (common and specific) throughout the MSD department in a way that facilitates:
- Reuse, co-development, continuous integration, continuous improvement and high quality
- Secure and precise access control for internal and external users
- Complete change control and industry standard IP protection
You will need to guide and support your colleagues with your skills and knowledge in the following activities:
- Design, document and publish the way of working for development in MATLAB
- Identify and pursue commonality opportunities and promote reuse
- Participate in code / model reviews from SW quality and commonality standpoint
- Take co-ownership of developed SW components (alongside functional owner)
- Assist in maintenance and refactoring of library components
- Serve as administrator and librarian of SW development repositories
- Guide colleagues in proper security and IP protection practices
Education and experience
- Technical University Masters – in Mechatronics Engineering (Mechanical / Electrical / Aerospace engineering)
- Minumum 3 years of work experience in a relevant position
- Experience in development and deployment of production code in MATLAB / Simulink / Stateflow
- Experience with product development lifecycle and requirements traceability
- Familiarity with coding / modelling standards and compliance
- Knowledge of industry standard software quality processes
- Knowledge of verification and validation methodologies
- Affinity with mechatronics systems
- Experience working in multidisciplinary project team
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team player
- Good interpersonal skills
- Fluent in English
- Motivated by quality
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
You will report to the group leader of the Wafer Stage Control group in the Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD EUV) department. You will interface with hundreds of design engineers and architects. You will acquire know-how and best practices from experienced colleagues and facilitate the distribution of knowledge and expertise to a large target audience. You will interface with IT, legal, quality and security departments and incorporate company-wide initiatives into the day to day activities of design engineers.
Within ASML the Development & Engineering sector is responsible for the specification and design of ASML products. The Mechatronics Systems Development (MSD) department within Bottom (BM) cluster is responsible for specification, design, integration and qualification of the mechatronics sub-systems and components which are incorporated into the end products. The main focus is on nanometer-accuracy positioning of high speed components. Control engineering, dynamics, actuator design, position measurement systems and material handling are part of this department’s main competences.
This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access U.S. controlled technology.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.