You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
MEMS process architect at ASML Delft
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Introduction to the job
ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips
Multi e-Beam Inspection tools are part of ASML’s holistic lithography portfolio. ASML has an Electron Optical competence center in Delft, with multi-disciplinary teams, where we combine Research with Development & Engineering and deliver modules and system designs for the Multi e-Beam Inspection products.
Role and responsibilities
We are looking for a senior MEMS process architect with experience in MEMS and CMOS process design who can join a team focused on MEMS based electron optical module design for ASML’s Multi e-Beam Inspection equipment.
Being able to start off with a few requirements on a product roadmap or a coarse conceptual design, you will deliver solutions which enable system engineering to decide on a next generation tool or to other engineers and suppliers to complete their detailed designs. These designs will be used in a production environment, so the manufacturability of your proposals, but also the applicability of the design in the field are important aspects to consider. Some of the designs will be done with external partners, therefore supplier management is a central part of your job.
At ASML-Delft we focus on development of MEMS/CMOS based electron-optical inspection tools. This is a cost-competitive market, demanding fast iterations and high quality. In this challenging environment we need you to:
- Be a technical leader, inspire and support other engineers around you in technology choices
- Interact with project leaders, function owner and architects on technical content.
- Actively participate in process design reviews and collaborate with experts in the field.
- Translate requirements on a product roadmap to reliable process design proposals.
- Operate as a team-player in cross-functional teams.
- Define a wow and actively communicate with equipment owners to ensure reliable manufacturing of MEMS
- Deliver documentation required to reliably manufacture and test MEMS modules.
- Good stakeholders and MEMS supplier management.
Education and experience
You have a MSc or PhD in Applied Physics, Material Science or Microfabrication
- You have more than 8 years of relevant experience in a Fab
- You have a broad background in MEMS fabrication processes and experience in delivering MEMS elements.
- Hands on experience with Semiconductor processing equipment; packaging design is an advantage.
- Knowledge of CMOS design and fabrication is appreciated.
- You show excellent skills in technical writing, communication and presentation techniques.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Flexible and open-minded, you are able to cope with changing requirements, deadlines and priorities.
- Structured and systematic.
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting.
- You are goal-oriented and self-initiating.
- You are hands-on and pragmatic when needed.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
*This position requires access to U.S. controlled technology, as defined in the United States Export Administration Regulations. Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such U.S. controlled technology prior to beginning work.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.