You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Node Transition Project - Project Lead
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Hillsboro - OR, US
Electrical engineering, Computer science & software engineering, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
- You will be part of ASML’s Application Engineering department. We support customers worldwide to enhance their cutting edge lithography technology in their cutting edge facilities.
- We work on the forefront of semiconductor manufacturing and deliver “fit for purpose” solutions across a wide range of challenges.
- You will manage a node transition project (NTP) to deliver a holistic solution that enables the required on-product performance for the next technology node at a cutting edge customer
- The project covers a broad range of lithography and patterning competencies, such as overlay, focus, imaging, metrology, sampling & control strategy
- You will guide a team of senior engineers in the USA and The Netherlands, each with their own area of expertise
- You will be working (directly and/or indirectly) with a large amount and a wide variety of data generated by ASML’s cutting edge technology on next node test production wafers
- You continuously anticipate required solutions several years ahead, help define those solutions, and see the implementation through.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology
Role and responsibilities
- You oversee the project scope definition and progress management, drive progress through milestones, deliverables, risk identification and mitigations, and escalations
- You lead the on-product preparation, validation, introduction and verification of the lithography, control and metrology configuration needed to enable the customer’s next technology node requirements
- You build strong relationships within and across teams and companies
- You identify and help define solutions to enable on-product performance improvements until requirements are met
- You will identify the required and potential improvements to existing ASML equipment & solutions, driven by challenges specific to on-product use cases
- You will convince and drive both customer and ASML stakeholders to plan the implementation of such improvements
- You are responsible for the organization & operations of the project, including communication with customer engineers and ASML engineers across the world
- You will be a key leader to lead pathfinding activities, assist in critical escalations, and upskill engineers
- You will be a key technical leader with broad technical knowledge of lithography and metrology
- Willingness to travel internationally as needed (Pre-COVID typically 4-6 times per year)
Education and experience
- PhD or Masters in Physics, Applied Mathematics, Chemistry or Engineering preferred with a background in (semiconductor) physics, statistics or mathematics
- 5-10 years of experience in a semiconductor environment (preferably within lithography, patterning, metrology)
- Excellent communication skills, both oral presentation and slide communication
- Experience in state of the art lithography technology (DUV Immersion, EUV, YieldStar or equivalent)
- Excellent process knowledge (able to provide insight in process information, front till back end processes)
- Demonstrated ability to perform in a dynamic and ambiguous environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead and steer senior engineers
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process and current challenges
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Strong client focus and commitment to customer satisfaction;
- Solution minded and able to see and develop the bigger picture;
- Strong technical background and drive towards solutions;
- Excellent multi-cultural communication skills in the English language (spoken and written);
- Project management skills;
- Ability to create clear presentations with point analysis;
- Eagerness to learn and keep up-to-date with the latest technological developments;
- Drive own technical development and learning;
- Thrives in a wide and dynamic organization, strong stakeholder management skills;
- Acts as team-player in engineering teams, and able to motivate and develop project team members.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.
Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
U.S. Flexible Work policy may be available to employees who work in conductive roles.Mutually-beneficial alternative work arrangement must be approved by manager – hybrid working Model.