You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
People Manager - MSO Group Lead
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other corporate functions
Other job categories
Are you a born people manager who’s energized by leading a team of Team Leads (managing managers) and who loves challenges in every aspect of his job?
We would like to welcome an enthusiastic, professional team player to complete the management team of our Management Support Organization (MSO). Do you have a proven track record with coaching and developing a team of management assistants or a similar operational team? We would like to receive your resume and motivation letter in English.
As the MSO Group Lead for the Business Functions Cluster, you are responsible for leading a team of approximately 15-20 management assistants that directly report to you and 2 Team Leads (with each approximately 20 direct reports). Your main goal is to align the request for support from the ASML’s senior management with the available support. You have to take into account budget restrictions, level and quality of assistants and the match between development needs and opportunities in the department of the requesting managers. On organizational level you’re part of the team that sets the course for the MSO organization.
In this role you will be responsible for all activities that lead to a high quality management support service for ASML’s senior management. Your key responsibilities are:
- Selection and hiring of management assistants
- Coaching and motivating management assistants and the other Team Leads
- Responsible for individual and team performance and development.
- Continuous alignment with the supported managers on the offered services and quality level
- Capacity planning for your team in alignment with the other Team Leads and Group Leads of MSO
- Contribute and taking the lead in multiple improvement projects (MSO level), or projects in multidisciplinary areas
- Promote the MSO and build a strong and reliable assistant force.
- Promote working together, standardization of processes, seek for opportunities to optimize the daily work, create an open culture by equality and be a sparring partner for assistants and senior management
Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Business Administration, Personnel Management, or equivalent.
8+ years of work experience in similar role.
Experience managing managers (team leaders)
- You have strong communication skills to be able to communicate clearly, concisely and directly to peers, assistants and supported management. You have a natural way of communication and the ability to level with all layers in the organization
- English language skills - excellent written and verbal communication
- You are able to grow positive relationships with supported management, colleagues and assistants, at all organizational levels
- You are a team player
- You are results-oriented, you have a positive approach and you have a drive to success.
- You are able to create an extended planning with preparation horizon in terms of >12 months for Cluster(s) and MSO
- You are able to translate policy or planning into group objectives
- You initiate and give input to further develop guidelines/standards
- You contribute to the translation of ASML policies to MSO
- You are able to apply multiple styles in engaging stakeholders by: (Stating, Hierarchy, Legitimizing, Relationship, Logic, Exchanging, Joint problem solving, Set the example)
- You have a proven ability to prioritize and to be flexible
- You are a pro-active and enthusiastic person, who is willing to take initiative, feels at ease in an international and fast-paced environment and knows how to set priorities under pressure
- You work independently; identifies and solves problems in a timely manner; escalates when necessary.
- You have an open mind for new developments and change and make recommendations for improvement of further professionalizing our Management Support Organization
Context of the position
ASML is a leading provider of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. We make machines that make chips – the hearts of the devices that keep us informed, entertained and safe; that improve our quality of life and help to tackle the world’s toughest problems. We build some of the most amazing machines that you will ever see, and the software to run them. Over 30.000 people in 16 countries are currently employed by ASML.
Within ASML, the Management Support Organization (MSO) team is organized in one central department consisting of more than 170 assistants, supporting over 500 managers. ASML is growing fast, so will the support of our ASML top managers.
Are you ready to be part of our progress?
This is an recurrent role which means that we open several similar vacancies through the year. It may be that at the time of your application we do not have a role open but, if you have a suitable profile, we will still have interviews to make sure that as soon as position opens you can be considered.
Interested? Please apply with your CV and cover letter!