You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Physics Design Engineer - System Performance
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
If you have the strength of personality to take ownership of a problem and create a vision of how to solve it – a vision that also inspires others - then the ASML System Performance department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Are you challenged by demanding projects in a multidisciplinary context? Do you have the capabilities and the drive to provide effective solutions to complex technical problems under challenging time constraints? Are you able to manage the gap between system performance of our scanners and what is needed for our customers?
Please contact us today. We have exciting opportunities forSystem Performance Engineers in ASML’s Performance & Integration System Performance department.
ASML builds lithography systems that can place multiple layers on a chip with very high precision.
The demand on overlay-, focus-, imaging-, productivity ad reference-performanceand the accuracy of the related references for the lithographic steps is determined by the design of the chip.
As a System Performance Design Engineer (Overlay-, Focus-, Imaging, - or Reference- Engineer) you contribute to the development of ASML products by testing, analyzing, qualifying, troubleshooting and reporting either one or a combination of these system performance items and inventing and specifying improvements within the restrictions imposed by system specifications, costs and planning considerations. We are responsible for the performance of the systemas a whole.
- Specify, test, and analyze qualification and calibration tests and report on the results.
- Invent and design new calibration and qualification methods to improve system performance.
- Verify system performance of design choices in scanner Hardware and Software and choices in the application (such as scanner and non-scanner settings)
- Applying innovative data analytics methods
- Use statistical methods to show improvements or issues.
- Support the internal and external customers in solving system performance issues.
- Contribute to ASML’s product performance roadmap
- Steer a team of multidisciplinary designers and representatives of other sectors to deliver the required improvements.
Technical University masters, preferably PhD, in physics or similar. Experience with experimental verification of theoretical models is a must.
- Solid theoretical and/or experimental skills, supported by experience with mathematical modeling, statistics and model verification.
- Helicopter view on complex systems.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic attitude. Helicopter view, broad scope and team-player. Good communicational skills and good knowledge of English.
- Having ~5 years of industrial experience in a relevant area is a must.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Creativity, initiative, discipline and team spirit.
- Strong analytical ability with a pragmatic and pro-active attitude.
- Good communicational skills and good command of the English language.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of the position
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Performance is responsible for timely and cost-effective qualification of overlay, focus, imaging and productivityfor functional modules, machines and customer applications. While you will be working in a multidisciplinary project team, in a dynamic and high-tech environment.
Keywords: system performance, focus, overlay, imaging, productivity, reference reticles and wafers, physics, Mat.lab, modeling, test, methodology.