You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Plasma modelling Engineer
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science
In a nutshell
Research & development
Chemistry & materials science, Physics, Mathematics
Introduction to the job
In the position of Plasma Modelling Engineer at ASML, you are responsible for modelling plasma in Extreme Ultraviolet (EUV) Scanner. In this role you are responsible for maintaining and further developing the code as well as applying modelled results for developing solutions in scanner. You will also further develop and sustain this knowledge with Competence team and also provide input to Hardware and Competence projects in the area of plasma effects on particle release and transport, material degradation and EUV optics. Furthermore, you are responsible for defining learning process, identifying gaps in modelling roadmap and securing work to close these gaps via formulation of experimental verification of hypothesis of processes in scanner volume and on surfaces assisted by plasma, electrostatics, chemical etching as well as other related processes.
Role and responsibilities
- Use, and further develop plasma models
- Code architecture and version control
- Optimize model performance
- Identify gaps in technology roadmap an secure learning to close the gaps (via internal and external collaborations)
- Define scanner plasma modelling roadmap
- Provide input to other Competence and HW projects in EUV program via model application
- Define structure for thorough analyses of the existing data of EUV scanner both internal and at customer
- Facilitate use of this analysis as an input for a new tool design or problem solution
- Work with the team to suggest containing of the existing problems and propose long term solutions
- Design and development of modelling methods and supporting experiemnts
- Contribute to design rule definition and maintenance
- Come up with means and methods to realize your task
- Share your knowledge effectively with the members of the program and department
- Focus area will be plasma investigation in the presence of EUV in low pressure environment in combination with material interfaces, low level contaminants and small particles and photo-charging effects.
Education and experience
- Academic background, MSc or PhD in physics, chemistry, applied mathematics.
- Knowledge of plasma modelling methods, electrostatics, plasma technology and/or surface chemistry, C++, MC and CFD methods. Experience with PIC models is highly preferred.
- Experience: 3-7 years
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills: strong communication skills, creativity, proactiveness, a drive for solutions.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The holder of the position reports to the group leader Plasma & Metrology in the Defectivity & OLT Performance department and is operational within multidisciplinary research and development projects.
Thegroup of Scanner Plasma Technology provides solutions for defectivity and optics lifetime in the scanner related to plasma processes for the existing as well as new EUV lithography systems and fulfilling the long term roadmap of ASML with new breakthroughs and developments
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.