You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product Owner End User Services - TelcoPrintAV
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
Founded in 1984, ASML is the world's leading provider of lithography systems for the semiconductor industry, manufacturing complex machines that are critical to the production of integrated circuits or chips. ASML has its headquarters in Veldhoven the Netherlands and has R&D and manufacturing operations in North America, Asia and the Netherlands.
The ASML IT division supports information management, workplace and collaboration facilities, infrastructure, automation and optimization of key business processes across ASML. The ICT infrastructure, hardware and applications are absolutely mission-critical for almost all ASML’s internal- and external activities.
Currently the ASML IT department is in an Agile Transformation, in which SAFe (Scaled Agile Framework 5.0) is being implemented.
Role and responsibilities
Your teammates and environment:
- This role is situated in IT End-User Services, which is part of the ‘Core IT’ domain. Our people are proud to be best in class in enabling ASML's employees in their challenge to deliver high class machines and services to our customers around the world. The Core IT portfolio exists of 8 ARTs and is growing.
- The teams are a mixture of young talent and senior specialists with a strong focus on delivering business value for our stakeholders.
- The continuous alignment with the CPO, the other PO’s, your Scrum Master and our architects is key for success. Through the continuous, renewed insights in the objectives and updated backlog you’re swiftly able to adjust the course where needed.
The role will be situated in the Agile Release Train below:
ART TelcoPrintAV; TelcoPrintAV provides services for ASML staff and partners world-wide. This includes services like; fixed telephony, mobile telephony, critical communications, global managed print services, label printing, handscanners, meeting room equipments, TV media systems kiosk hardware etc..
- End2End accountability for the deliverables of the Agile team
- Ensuring the Team Backlog is visible, transparent and clear to all
- Understanding the scope of enabler work and collaborate with the System Architect.
- Informing all stakeholders and align on status
- Team up with the CPO and other PO’s(in the ART and in other ARTs) to align on priorities of the ART and the Team Backlog
- Accepting the stories as “done” in the Team Backlog
A grasp of your responsibilities and deliverables as Product Owner:
In preparation towards the PI planning, you help with refining the Program Backlog and update the Team Backlog accordingly. During the PI planning you support the team when they have questions about content and size. You decide on priorities per iteration and draft the PI objectives. During the Sprint reviews you inform the stakeholders about the delivered value and explain on the expected and validated Business benefits. As a PO you work across teams to define and implement improvement stories that will increase the velocity and quality of the program.
- During the Sprint planning the PO decides on the priority of the team backlog items and helps the teams with setting Sprint objectives. The PO has the ultimate content authority and is owner of the team backlog.
- During the PO sync you’re actively engaged in sharing the progress of the team. Impediments are raised and support to other teams is offered. The purpose of this meeting is to get visibility how well the ART is doing and as such you share opportunities or challenges.
- During the retrospectives you participate actively and ensure that the improvement items are placed on the backlog.
In preparation of the refinement as a PO you discuss the requirements with the stakeholders to understand their ideas towards the end product.
Education and experience
Who are we looking for?
Being a Product Owner in ASML means being a servant leader and Agile evangelist. With your facilitating leadership-style you challenge your team(s) to work towards greater efficiency, can motivate your team naturally and are a strong ambassador for your team whilst making strategic decisions.
Your continuous broad scope, both in the teamand acting as the voice of your customer, gives you the edge in setting your team up for success by breaking up work items into smaller ones and by being the gate keeper for your team. You dare to say “no” to keep your team out of the wind and focused on the tasks at hand.
You have proven experience working in similar, complex environments as a Product Owner;
You’re technologically sound and understand the team’s technical objectives;
You are in the possession of a MSc. or Bachelor degree in Information Technology, Data Science or equivalent and preferably are Agile or SAFe certified.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Customer delighter
- Agile Leadership
- Strategic Mindset
- Product thinking
- Strong Decision Maker
- Stakeholder Management
- Strong Motivator
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most of all, the commitment of a company that recognizes and rewards outstanding performance. An assessment will be part of the recruitment process.
ASML does not accept unsolicited resumes from any agencies that have not signed a mutual service agreement. All unsolicited resumes will be considered ASML’s property, and ASML will not be obligated to pay a referral fee. This includes resumes submitted directly to hiring managers without contacting the Resource Center Department. ASML is GDPR compliant, therefore we cannot process applications sent outside of our recruitment system.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.