You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Product owner for overlay application product implementation
In a nutshell
Introduction to the job
We are Applications - a new business line within ASML, one of the world market leaders in scanning lithography technology. We create application products that run in the most modern semiconductor fabs in the world, and we are always pushing the boundary of what is possible.
The Applications Development & Engineering department develops, integrates, and qualifies functional modules and application packages in the area of wafer metrology (critical dimension and overlay) and wafer fab applications (performance control applications). Additionally we provide technical consulting to our customers, by designing and helping to implement integral solutions for on-product performance based on the products developed by ASML.
Role and responsibilities
The Product Owner is responsible for maximizing the value of the product for ASML and the customer and the work of the Scrum Team. Moreover, the Product Owner is responsible for managing expectations of stakeholders.
The job consists of following activities:
- Understanding the business drivers and explaining those to the Scrum Team;
-Eliciting requirements and defining the Team backlog;
- Clearly prioritizing and expressing Team backlog items to best achieve goals and missions;
- Balancing external business and internal ASML interests in this priority setting;
- Ensuring that the Team backlog is visible, transparent, and clear to all, and shows what the Scrum Team will work on next;
- Ensuring the Scrum Team understands items in the Team backlog to the level needed to develop and deliver them;
- Ensuring and reviewing the quality and value of the work the Scrum Team performs;
- Securing relevant stakeholders are managed and expectations are aligned, and orchestrating contributing sectors beyond D&E surrounding the Development Team, including securing requirements & validating the use and business case in order to maximize business value.
Education and experience
Educational Level Master degree in Physics, Mathematics, or Engineering (Mechanical, Electrical), with a solid background in some of the following fields: statistics, data analysis, control theory, (semi-conductor) process technology, semi-conductor device physics, and/or design for experiment.
Next to that, you're experienced;
- (Agile) Project management experience
- Demonstrable work experience (>5 years) in Agile environment, in particular stakeholder management & leadership
- Solid knowledge of the product/domain
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Always acting to make the team succeed
- Outgoing, actively building useful relationships in the scope of the project
- Excellent verbal and writing communication skills
- Result driven, “make it happen” attitude
- Ability to switch quickly between levels of abstractions (detailed view vs. system level view)
- A continuous improvement attitude
- Team player, supporting and challenging colleagues to continuously build a stronger and better performing team.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.