You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Production Engineer - Night shift
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, LP brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Wilton, CT, Chandler, AZ, San Jose, CA and San Diego, CA..
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with applicants who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The Production Engineer’s (within Troubleshoot Engineering) primary role at ASML is to ensure that production is able to be sustained 24/7.To do this, the individual must be self-driven with a strong passion for troubleshooting and problem solving.The candidate must have confidence in their abilities from a technical perspective to look at a complex problem where the solution may not be clear, and through structured problem solving be able to find a root cause and eventually a solution. Designs process and manufacturing tooling solutions to influence factory metrics.Interfaces with design engineering in coordinating the release of new products.Maintains records and reporting systems for coordination of manufacturing operations.Additionally, this role may review proposals of outside vendors regarding the purchase of new or modernization of existing production/processing equipment.As well as works in a cross functional team to deliver industrialized production process.
- Quickly responds to lines-down situations, triages the situation, develops an action plan, and executes to get equipment back up to production.
- Develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods.
- Designs and executes qualification tests for manufacturing process or equipment changes.
- Creates assembly and test processes and procedures.
- Applies statistical methods to analyze in line and end user quality data.
- Evaluates and analyzes data acquired during test using programs such as MS Excel, MS Access, JMP, Minitab and Lab View.Makes recommendations for process or design modifications based on analysis.
- Investigates and reports root cause of problems, follows up with corrective actions.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports factory metrics (test data, yield data, cycle-time data, material notifications, etc…) on a regular basis.
- Works with design staff concerning product design and tooling to ensure efficient production methods.
- Coordinates Special Build activities between Engineering and Manufacturing.
- Leads and/or participates as a member of cross-functional Teams.
- Conducts time and efficiency studies and develops improved processes based on findings.
- Coordinates and/or implements CO changes and deviation activities to flow through manufacturing. Creates and maintains track record.
- Participates in daily factory meeting and drives for resolutions of big hitter problems.
- Implements containment and corrective actions.
- Develops / refines business processes.
- Deliver technical support to contribute to rapid solutions of complex technical issues.
- Arrange proper follow up to minimize impact on cycle time.
- Prevent disturbances from re-occurring by feeding issue resolution in cooperation with Production Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering and Design & Engineering.
- Enable self-supportiveness of the 1st line by knowledge sharing and development.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
Bachelor’s Degree in relative Science or Engineering preferred (not required).
1+ Years of Experience Required
Proven mechanical, electrical, and/or software troubleshooting competence required.
Advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: Excel, MS Access, LabVIEW, JMP, MS Project, LabVIEW, Visual Basic and Java or equivalent programming knowledge are desired but not required.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Familiarity of DOE (Design of Experiments) techniques.
- Familiarity with LEAN Manufacturing concepts.
- Experience with SAP Preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of the company - Technicians to Management.
- Must be comfortable with a rapidly changing work environment.
- Ability to multi-task and set priorities without jeopardizing project schedule.
- Ability to work autonomously without required daily tasking due to limited support staff available on overnight shifts
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
The California base annual salary range for this role is currently $60,000 - $82,000K (prior to any shift differential, overtime, etc.). Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
Production Engineer works on problems of moderate scope where analysis of situations or data requires a review of a variety of factors.Exercises judgment within pre-defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. Builds productive internal/external working relationships.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.