You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project leader warehouse infrastructure / Country warehouse manager
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
In a nutshell
Sourcing & Supply Chain
Logistics & supply chain management
Introduction to the job
To support our customers, ASML keeps parts and tools in Warehouses close to our customers. In total we currently have 50+ of these local service warehouses globally, which are outsourced to Logistics Service Suppliers (3PL’s). Next to these local warehouses there are central service warehouses for central storage and Value Added Service warehouse for product maintenance, VAS and storage of special packaging and equipment.
The Warehousing team is tasked to make sure the warehouses are ready to support our customers, factories or suppliers in the most efficient way, which means that all facilities are fit for purpose, there is enough space and sufficient manpower and that activities are performed in line with the agreed SLA’s and budgets. Facilities in our warehouses can include Clean Technology Infrastructure (such as clean rooms) to inspect parts, clean tools or packaging or other equipment, to make sure we supply our customers, factories and suppliers with parts and tools in the right quality.
To further increase the efficiency in warehouse operations, we are enabling 3PL’s to implement a Warehouse Management System (WMS) that will connect to ASML’s ERP system.
Role and responsibilities
- You manage the 3PL’s that are selected operate the service warehouses in your assigned countries / regions on:
- Budget and cost saving initiatives
- Performance and performance improvement initiatives
- Ensure these warehouses are operated flawlessly by the 3PL’s by auditing on adherence of the right procedures and systems by putting proper controls in place.
- The growing number of ASML machines at our customers requires us to setup new warehouses or expand or relocate existing warehouses. It will be your responsibility to translate the business requirements into warehouse requirements and manage the infrastructure projects successfully to completion. Time, money and (internal) customer satisfaction will be your main drivers.
- You will be involved in the deployment of the WMS in the warehouses in your assigned countries and you will be responsible for a smooth handover of the WMS deployment project to operations.
- Plan and manage the budget costs for the warehouses in the assigned countries or responsibility area
- Manage the 3PL’s on performance through periodical business reviews (weekly / monthly)
- Collect and use information to ensure warehouses stay fit for purpose at all time by driving infrastructural changes: Translate parts and tools handling, storage and value added services requirements into the logistics facilities needed
- Manage and drive the Infrastructure projects and process changes within budget and time
- Build relationships with wide range of internal and external stakeholders, for example: Procurement, Suppliers, CSCM teams, PLM- and SNM stakeholders
- Define, drive and deliver optimization projects in the Warehousing domain to drive cost down, material availability up and/or performance up.
- Support the WMS implementations in warehouses.
- Act as a subject matter expert in your field.
Education and experience
- MSc. or bachelor in Supply Chain Management or other relevant study
- 3-8 years of experience in a Supply Chain or Logistics position in the High Tech industry
- Experience with Project Management
- Experience with Service Logistics and/or managing 3PL’s
- Experience with WMS implementations
- Experience with SAP is nice to have
- Process standardization
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Self-starter and finisher
- Dive into details where required, while keeping the overview and prioritizing
- Able to build rapport and communicate effectively with a wide range of stakeholders
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
A flawless distribution network is key for a smooth supply chain. Fast and flexible transportation networks, differentiated warehousing solutions and complex value-added services are some characteristics of our landscape. Different requirements towards our supply-chain due to development of our systems, the number of upgrades of systems on customer sites and the need for differentiated service level agreements drive the need for a flexible 3PL network. Hence the Logistics Service Operations department is responsible for managing and developing the supply chain / distribution infrastructure in line with business requirements and against aligned norms. A team of highly educated professionals drives the supply chain infrastructure towards 2020, focused on the rapid developments, based on market intelligence, innovations, business needs, 3PL performance and process analytics.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.