You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Project Manager Installed base products & Services (DUV Projection)
Research & development
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Other job categories, Electrical engineering
Introduction to the job
Do you want to drive technology innovation and make the difference? Do you want to take ownership for large work packages in the DUV projection function in ASML Development & Engineering and guide the innovation power of an Agile Release Train (ART) towards providing the right solutions at the right time? Can you translate business needs into requests for the ART? We are looking for an engaged epic owner for DUV Projection IBP&S (Installed Base Products & Services).
If you want to be part of a high performing team, we invite you to read the job description below and let us know if you are the person we are looking for.
Role and responsibilities
Within ASML, the epic owner defines, programs, accepts and integrates large work packages (epics) in a product context. In this position you take responsibility for the Function Cluster Projection (FC12) content of a product, and you work together with the program, sectors, the chief product owner and the people in the agile release train to realize the product and manage performance, risks and timing along the way.
Within the Installed Base the main challenges are issue resolution and improving the operational performance within the factory, supply chain and at our end customers: Debottlenecking system standstills, improving uptime and addressing end-of-life or part shortages. Together with the development-teams and representatives of the various sectors and suppliers you will drive this towards a fast issue resolution.
Another challenge of the installed base is to sustain the installed base of systems worldwide: Develop for life-cycle management, re-use of returning modules and develop upgrade products to give installed systems a second life.
As epic owner/project manager you are responsible for:
- The delivery of the epic: definition, budget estimation, planning, meeting the milestones. Escalate if needed.
- The alignment with chief product owners, architects, other epic owners, Project Cluster Manager/Product Development Manager and sectors to determine the short- and long-term vision focusing on what creates the most added value for ASML
- The preparation of the epic for the PI Planning Event by breaking it up in smaller work packages (Minimum Viable Product thinking)
- Helping the teams tounderstand the content and business context of the epic
- The alignment withother sectors to close knowledge, service and maintenance gaps related tothe epic
- Alignment and deliverybetween Agile Release Trains and classical projects
- The acceptance of the epic when implementation is done (you hold the acceptance criteria forthe epic)
Education and experience
Applied Physics or Electrical Engineering on bachelor or master level or equivalent.
- Proven project management skills in scoping, planning and risk management
- Professional experience in an epic owner role in a Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) or a project leader role
- Preferably experience with factory and customerescalations
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Proactive problem solving
- Strong collaboration and coordination skills
- Maintains personal effectiveness and people focus in circumstances of pressure, high speed of change and uncertainty
- Be the voice of the customer for the epic
- Business aware; understand and communicate the business impact and value of the epic towards the agile release train
- MVP (Minimal Viable Product) thinking
- Healthy sceptics to identify risks
- Highly motivated team player with excellent social, coordination and communication skills
- Ability to work in an international multicultural setting
- Entrepreneurship and initiative in a technically complex and very dynamic environment
- Excellent and proven stakeholder management skills
- Experience in working with a (scaled) agile team is a pre
Position in the value chain:
The epic owner works closely with the program via Project Cluster Managers, the relevant architect and the Chief Product Owner to ensure that the epic stay on track and in line with the product masterplan. He/She ensures alignment with other epic owners and other trains.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
ASML creates the conditions that enable you to realize your full potential. We provide state-of-the-art facilities, opportunities to develop your talents, international career opportunities, a stimulating and inspiring environment, and most importantly a chance to be part of progress. This epic owner position is in the D&E DUV Projection function, and you will report to the group leader of the Projection Dry & IBPS group in the Optical Column department of DUV D&E.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.