You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Proto Integrator DUV
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The department System Integration is part of D&E and responsible for the integration of modules into a proto system and proves that the system can meet the specifications. Proto systems are used to verify the design concept at system level, which includes hardware and software.
The mid-term planning of tests on the proto systems are done by the Proto Integrator, who is the first point of escalation when issues arise. The Proto Integrator works together with several Proto Engineers in one team on a proto with D&E engineers as customer. The end goal is to find all issues before the new system is pilot, i.e. in the factory and at the customer.
Within ASML, the sector Development & Engineering is responsible for the specification, design and engineering of all the ASML products. In this sector, the department System Integration and their employees have the mission to define, control and execute the integration of the various subsystems into a complete product. The department aims for reducing both cost and lead time for system testing and integration while product quality remains guaranteed.
You build, integrate and deliver proto systems with a minimum lead-time and maximum quality, while making sure the as-build configuration of the proto system is well-known and up-to-date. In addition utilization of the proto-system is maximized.
Role and responsibilities
The proto Integrator (PI) works closely with the Project Leader/ Main Deliverable Owner to plan and execute defined Integration Packages (HLIS) on the proto Systems. You interface with D&E Project/ Team Leaders, System Test Engineers, Project Integrators, Customer Support, Proto Engineers and Configuration Engineers.
Overall responsibility is to manage the pre-requisites for the HLIS packages and to deliver and qualify an optimized HLIS sequence and recovery, taking into account dependencies, resourcing, tooling, materials and other prerequisites. The Proto Integrator will report daily progress/delay and escalate issues as they surface.
In this position you will be responsible for:
Daily management of proto integration:
- Maintain a daily plan for 1 or 2 proto systems based on the mid-term proto integration plan.
- Set priorities and adjust plan in case of disturbances.
- Define milestones and deliverables with the team of Proto Engineers and make sure these are met.
- Maximize the utilization of the proto systems.
Proto Integration plan:
- Create and maintain proto integration plan (mid-term) in line with the product development master plan.
- Strong contribution from and interaction with delivering projects is required. Often this is a combined effort with a System Test Engineer (overview of functional dependencies) and a product planner (planning dependencies with other systems or projects)
- Make sure all issues found on proto systems are properly diagnosed and reported.
- Chase and implement solutions.Chair product integration issue management meeting.
Machine Performance and Configuration Control:
- Plan the hardware and software configuration of the proto system over time.
- Keep the configuration-as-build up to date (best-of-breed)
- Manage differences between configuration-to-be-build and configuration-as-build by frequent implementation of ECR, FCO or upgrades.
- Make sure the right procedures and recoveries are available to bring the machine on the best performance level.
Education and experience
Bachelor / Master level – Technical
Preferably into the direction of Mechanical, Mechatronics, Physics, Aerospace or Electrical Engineering.
- Multiple years of experience in a relevant multi-disciplinary technical work environment.
- Knowledge of the integration Program Evaluation and Review Technique, (recovery) sequences, metrology and measurement systems and/or complex system troubleshoot and diagnosis.
- Preferably knowledge of system integration competences (business drivers imaging, overlay, throughput, reliability).
- Experience with leading a team and/or small projects.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- A real team player with a quality orientation.
- Proactive and pragmatic attitude
- Able to plan and prioritize
- High degree of autonomy
- Coaching, leadership and stakeholder management skills (team-leader experience is a pre)
- Requires the ability to read and interpret engineering specifications, maintenance manuals and engineering sketches
- Possesses good oral presentation skills and be able to effectively present results in a team meeting.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.