You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
Research & development
Physics, Electrical engineering, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
Are you experienced with IC-semiconductor manufacturing processes, have an intimate knowledge of our customer’s workflow, or do you have a strong background with ASML’s application products? Are you eager to shape the future of ASML and create innovative new ideas? Then the ASML Research department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Role and responsibilities
The position has the mission to ensure that Research projects on applications and holistic lithography make a positive impact on ASML’s product roadmap.
Responsibilities of an Application researcher:
- Interface to research projectsthat involve new measurement systems or holistic solutions, to provide thecustomer perspective, help defining requirements and link to SE roadmaps.
- Create new ideas and concepts thatcan be used in current or future application projects
- Identify blind spots in the applicationportfolio of Research. Able to make impact in Research with actionableinput to current projects, or proposals for new activities.
- Build on the Applicationscompetence within ASML Research, by bringing in experience and knowledgein one or more of the following areas: stacks & devices, wafer processing,process control, patterning, holistic lithography, metrology, defect inspection.
- Build a strong network in System Engineering, Technology Development Center,Development & Engineering Applications,corporate marketing, product marketing, and unlock the knowledgeof this network for Research.
Education and experience
MSc/PhD in Physics, Nanotechnology, Material Science, Electrical Engineering, or similar.
5+ years of experience with IC manufacturing, patterning, metrology or lithography.
2+ yearswithin ASML.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Team worker and excellent communicator.Strong active listening skills.
- Networker, bridging across sectorboundaries and technical competences.
- Able to zoom out develop thebigger picture, but also perform deep dives with technical experts.
- Strong technical background anddrive towards solutions.
- Decisive and self-initiating.
- Able to influence withoutpower.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Within ASML, the sector Research is responsible for creating ideas and solutions that enable a continuation of the ASML roadmaps. There are multiple groups working on topics such as optical metrology, electron microscopy and process modeling, and the candidate is expected to interact with all of them. The vacancy is defined in the “Optical & Soft X-Ray Metrology” group.
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.