You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Researcher Integrated Optics
Research & development
In a nutshell
Research & development
Optical engineering, Physics
Introduction to the jobAre you experienced in defining and designing optical (measurement) systems? Do you have experience with miniaturization of complex optical systems? Are you eager to shape the future of ASML and to create innovative new ideas? Then the ASML Research department is your ideal environment for personal development and professional growth.
Role and responsibilities
The job mission is to create new designs and optical (measurement) systems, based on photonic integrated circuits that will potentially become part of future ASML products. This includes scouting for new sensor and measurement technologies, creating concepts and designs, creating test setups and proto-tools and evaluating different solution directions.
Responsibilities of this position:
• Participate in projects that involve new measurement systems, based on Integrated optics / photonic integrated circuits. In these projects you take the responsibility for the specification, design, and realization of (pre-)prototypes.
• Create new ideas and concepts that can be used in current or future projects.
• Build on the “Integrated Optics” competence within ASML, by bringing in experience and knowledge in several of the following domains:waveguide optics, integrated optics design, micro optics, heterogeneous integration, packaging, qualification, system modeling.
• Generate intellectual property.
Education and experience
PhD in optical engineering or a related specialization in physics with a strong focus on integrated optics.
Experience in integrated optics, covering systems specification, design, calibration and realization.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
• Team worker and excellent communicator.
• Strong technical background and drive towards solutions.
• Able to see and develop the bigger picture.
• Decisive and self-initiating.
• Result focused and a “can do” spirit.
• Able to influence without power.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Context of position
Within ASML, the sector Research is responsible for creating ideas and solutions that enable a continuation of the ASML roadmaps.