You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Sales and Use Tax Manager
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Wilton - CT, US
Other job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, bring together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
ASML's Tax and Customs team vision is to add value to ASML by advising on and ensuring compliancy to tax and customs legislation, leading to predictable and sustainable worldwide income tax levels and trade tax costs delivered with the highest expertise standards. Our mission is:
- To support business decisionmaking by providing tax and customs advice using our deep expertise incombination with the knowledge of ASML’s context.
- To effectively and efficientlymanage ASML’s tax and customs compliance obligations and risks viapolicies and a comprehensive control framework.
- To adhere to the higheststandards of integrity and professionalism, respecting our colleagues,customers, regulatory authorities, suppliers, and other stakeholders.
This position may require access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require the Company to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
The US Indirect Tax Expertise Manager will be located in the Wilton, CT office and will report to the Lead Indirect Tax team located in Veldhoven, Netherlands while also working closely with the US Tax and Tax Compliance teams located in various locations in the US. This position will oversee sales and use tax (SUT) processes in all US locations while providing integrated and practical advice towards the business and interfacing with key stakeholders in, among other, the Wilton office. Other responsibilities include:
- Engage with internal andexternal stakeholders as well as other Tax and Customs team members toidentify SUT-relevant topics and provide solutions.
- Participation in cross-sectorprojects, with a special focus on projects with SUT implications.
- Assist US compliance (tax andfinance) teams in executing ongoing SUT compliance processes.
- Research and provide guidanceon SUT issues.
- Coordinate SUT nexus studies asneeded.
- Manage US SUT audits.
- Conduct reverse auditprocedures to identify refund opportunities.
- Improve SUT processes and/orsupporting automation (in close collaboration with the US Financeorganization).
- Work with the Tax and Customsexpertise teams to ensure relevant priorities are addressed.
- Some travel required (10-25%).
Education and experience
- Bachelor degree in accounting,finance, or other business discipline (or equivalent experience).
- Relevant master’s degree and/orCPA preferred.
- 7+ years overall experienceincluding 5+ years-experience in US sales and use tax.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Have excellent communicationskills with the ability to clearly articulate tax matters to stakeholdersat their level of understanding.
- Be able to work independently,while also knowing when to elevate relevant matters.
- Possess strong analytical, timemanagement, prioritization, and relationship building, and problem solvingattributes.
- Be goal oriented, both withteam and individual goals.
- Have knowledge on andexperience with technology solutions in the SUT domain and a stronginterest in relevant tax automation in the SUT domain or more widely thetax domain.
- Enjoy improving strongtechnical and business knowledge.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch. Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel (specify domestic and/or international) dependent on business needs – specify percentage of travel.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.