You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Other technical job categories
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other technical job categories, Computer science & software engineering
Introduction to the job
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips).
ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
With every generation, the complexity of producing integrated circuits with more functionality increases. Semiconductor manufacturers need partners that provide technology and complete process solutions. ASML is committed to providing customers with leading edge technology that is production-ready at the earliest possible date. ASML technology is supported by process solutions, enabling
customers to gain and sustain a competitive edge in the marketplace.
ASML’s corporate headquarters is in Veldhoven, the Netherlands. Manufacturing sites and research and development facilities are located in Connecticut, California, Taiwan and the Netherlands. Technology development centers and training facilities are located in Japan, Korea, the Netherlands, Taiwan and the United States. Overall, ASML has more than 80 locations in 16 countries.
This position will be based out of the San Diego office but may assist others as needed.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
The Security Analyst will assist in the protection of ASML’s information and assets, and that of ASML’s customers and suppliers within the wider US region, through the alignment of ASML Information Security strategies and policies while interfacing with the Business, and enforcing system and application security controls. This position will assist in collecting and evaluating threat information from multiple sources, disciplines and intelligence community counterintelligence information. This position will continuously assess and report on security, operational, process, and physical threats to regional ASML systems, networks, and the Intellectual Property of ASML and its customers.
Role and responsibilities
- Be a Information Security point of contact and representative in the ASML U.S. region for any Information / Customer security related topics or issues.
- Build excellent working relationships with ASML Business units championing security risk management within assigned region.
- Assess and mitigate the risks associated to the ASML regional network, systems and processes to provide a safe and secure environment.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of the Information Security Risk register for the North West U.S. region.
- Assist the Sector Risk Managers (SRM) in understanding the regional security requirements and risks from regional offices, customers, and suppliers to obtain mutually agreed upon solutions.
- Evangelize Information Security polices and raise Security awareness knowledge to foster an attitudinal change in Security knowledge, process, and requirements.
- Support ASML Cyber Defense Organization (CDO) activities and ensure 7/24/365 response on any major IT security incidents in U.S. region.
- Will use a variety of intelligence research tools to identify, assimilate, analyse, interpret and evaluate all-source information (and/or intelligence) in order to determine the nature and intent regarding the intelligence capabilities of (non-) state-sponsored actors (Foreign Intelligence Entities, FIE), criminal entities and other activities of CI interest.
- Maintains enterprise-wide situational awareness (and establish a common operational picture) regarding current (and historical) security operations in collaboration with specific internal subject matter experts.
- Assist in conducting enterprise-wide investigations into Insider Threat(s)’, crimes, sabotage, subversion, terrorism, and/or industrial espionage campaigns against the organisation and/or affiliated customers, suppliers and partners.
- Regular (remote) liaison activities with all data providers throughout the organisation.
- Will provide the Head of Insider Risk of with a regular update (report) on recent (human) CI- activities and/or current operations.
Education and experience
- CISSP/CISM or comparable certification
- Technical/IT/informatics background bachelor degree (or equivalent experience)
- IT Risk assessment frameworks e.g.
- CSC Top 18 Controls
- NIST SP 800 30 framework
- ISO 27001 framework
- MITRE ATT&CK Matrix knowledge a plus
- ICS, and Operational Technology knowledge a plus
More than 5 years’ experience as an IT Security professional in:
- Conducting Security Gap Assessments
- Communicating with Stake holders and Senior management
- Translating the output of security assessment into security baseline/plan for the IT service
- Security Awareness training for executive and employees
- Working experience in physical security, counterintelligence and intelligence led-operations, law enforcement or anti-terrorism/force protection.
- Advanced knowledge of existing Advanced Persistent Threat (APT) actors and/or other stealthy threat actors.
- Experience in conducting risk, threat and vulnerability assessments, force protection planning and threat modelling.
- Counterintelligence (CI) and/or HUMINT Intelligence operations leadership experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of the intelligence cycle, intelligence fusion and multidisciplinary analysis preferred.
- Knowledge of intelligence-led operations, espionage vectors, social engineering and infiltration.
- Strong experience in intelligence community analytical methodologies, standards and software tools.
- Clear understanding of human recruitment processes.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Pro-active and self-motivated with the proven ability to drive results.
- Ability to interact with all levels including engineers, executives and senior managers
- Deep technical knowledge of Information Security
- Ability to overcome organizational resistance
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks, projects and assignments
- Analytical, precise, tenacious, autonomous
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Flexibility to 25% travel
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.