You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Accounting Specialist (m/f/d)
Other job categories
In a nutshell
Other job categories
Are you looking for a new challenge as a Senior accounting specialist? This is an opportunity to advance your career as you will work with senior management to improve the current accounting structure. Let us know you are the person we are looking for!
You are responsible for providing for the timely and accurate preparation of monthly financial statements that comply with US and German GAAP. With the execution of G/L activities you lay a fundament for financial and management accounting related analyses and ensure effective and efficient financial control. Due to our transformation from a privately owned company to a high tech, fast-paced multinational environment you also need to drive for change.
Role and responsibilitiesYou are responsible for providing timely and accurate month end close financials that are US-GAAP and German GAAP compliant. Overseeing, maintaining the accounting procedures and ensuring the quality of registrations is part of your responsibilities. You will work with Sourcing and Supply Chain by defining clear accounting processes for a variety of business transactions.
Within ASML’s Finance 2025 vision we transform from forecasting and budgeting based on historical trend information and run rates, towards predictive modelling that support the budgeting and forecasting processes from a G/L accounting perspective in the coming years. We need your help to deliver on this transition.
The role is part of a highly driven global team, working together with different parts of the organization in the business environment of ASML. You will be exposed to several senior management layers in the organization.
- Month-end, quarter-end and year-end closing
- Maintain and operate standard period-end closing schedules
- Documentation and maintenance of General Ledger processes and controls, including the identification and testing of relevant SOX controls
- Monthly balance sheet and P & L Fluctuation Analysis
- Post journal entries in SAP R3
- Key user for G/L accounting for SAP and SAP BPC
- Inter-company transactions and reconciliations
- Balance Sheet Account reconciliations
- Assist with the preparation of ad-hoc reports for management
- Assist with year-end audits
- Assist with preparation of month-end financial statements, cash flow statements
- Assist with quarterly and annual tax filings
- Preparing and filing monthly VAT and Social Security declarations
- Pro-actively identify opportunities to improve, standardize and automate processes using best practices in the market and work with data scientists to run projects to realize this
- Undertake ad hoc projects as required
Education and experience
- Master’s degree, preferably in area of Business Analytics, Accounting and Controlling.
- Certified Public Accountant qualification
- >5 years relevant experience as a G/L accountant, preferably in an industrial environment.
- Knowledge of business processes in a high-tech manufacturing environment.
- Experience in visualizing data and generating insights using mainstream BI tools, profound knowledge of Excel.
- Hands-on SAP R3 knowledge and experience
- Ability to extract data and make (complex) transformations
- Experience / Knowledge of (financial) data modelling and experience in Financial Planning cycles is an advantage.
- Fluency in both English AND German is a MUST HAVE
- Excellent analytical skills (affinity for data, data structures)
- Structural way of working, able to set own targets and priorities in consultation with direct manager
- High developed collaboration skills to work together in multi-disciplinary teams
- Strives for continuous improvement
- Strong in customer focus. You will work with business and accounting teams from ASML Netherlands and understand their needs
- Committed and flexible (go the extra mile)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Other informationDiversity and inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote per-sons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
- A job with a promising future in Berlin Neukölln
- Flexible structuring of daily work hours
- We reward performance with attractive compensation (including Christmas and holiday bonuses as well as variable compensation components)
- A varied and innovative work environment on a strong team
- We offer you specific opportunities for advanced training and development so that we can realize your professional plans for the future together
- Flat hierarchies and short decision-making processes that encourage independent work
- The opportunity to convert variable compensation components into additional days off
- We promote team spirit through regular company events
- Extensive health and sports offers (e.g. subsidy for sports activities, health days, company doctor, free vaccinations, etc.)
- Mobility benefit für BVG company ticket or bicycle
- A variety of attractive discounts
We are looking for people who can shape the future with us and inspire themselves and others for innovative technologies, new challenges and future-oriented solutions. Does this appeal to you? Then apply using our online application form, stating your salary requirements and earliest possible joining date. We look forward to receiving your application.
Your contactKatarzyna Wikiera
Please use our online portal for your application.
Do you have questions regarding the application process? Give us a call under +49 71189989397