You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior CS Technical Support Engineer
Computer science & software engineering
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Computer science & software engineering
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona, San Jose and San Diego, California, Wilton, Connecticut, and Hillsboro, Oregon.
Provides technical support associated with Cymer laser products for Integrator and Chipmaker Operations.Provides comprehensive technical engineering support for escalations and other technical issues requiring resolution and support to our Field Operations. Key interfaces include account team and program engineering, Cymer Field Service, and Site.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Serves as an entry level specialist who applies, analyzes and interprets a variety of standard theories, concepts, methods, and techniques to a limited range of issues within a single technical area using imaginative as well as practical solutions.
- Provides technical support to field engineers, local technical support engineers, and integrator site operations engineers including diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair support.
- Uses established escalation and service management processes to provide timely responses to field situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment.
- Reports design, reliability, and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering and assists in problem communication and solution implementation to integrator operations/regional support personnel.
- Provides containment support to customer/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
- Identifies issues emanating from integrator and service operations that require engineering change.Utilizes established change management & field change processes to follow-through with appropriate documentation and
- implementation for regional service & support organization(s).
- Provides support and adheres to corporate processes associated with new product introduction, released products, quality, technical service reporting, field service communications, etc.
- Collects data and provides data package and feedback to Global Product Support Subject Matter Experts so that design, reliability, maintenance problems or bugs can be submitted to design engineering/software engineering.
- Works with Subject Matter Experts to define and scope troubleshooting procedures, Technical Bulletins, Field Service Alerts and Field Changes Orders.
- Provide input, creation and management of processes improvements within department to enhance productivity.
- Responsible for Material Management related to escalation support
- Bi-directional liaison for field requests and CIP
- Maintain KPI reporting for GPS
- Administer development, testing, and release of Field Tools through standard processes and procedures.
- Some travel may be required- < 10% (domestic / international)
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Optical, Physics, or Technical Engineering Field.Higher education preferred or equivalent experience.
- At least 5 years of relevant, work related experience in a related Semiconductor Equipment discipline, or equivalent experience in diagnosing and troubleshooting and/or customer service on optoelectronics systems. With higher degree, 3 years of experience is acceptable.
- Must have a combination of and/or significant strengths in electronics, software, mechanical engineering, optics.
- Knowledge of Deep Ultra Violet (DUV) equipment installation and support, i.e. stepping and or scanning “Photo Lithography Imaging” systems, DUV metrology systems, DUV excimer lasers or specific DUV Beam Delivery Systems, HIGHLY desired.
- System performance related data analysis, system troubleshooting, and applied technical problem solving skills are essential.
- Must have significantly contributed to the successful completion of one or more projects.
- Requires advanced experience using one or more of the following software packages: ProEngineer, Excel, LabView, JMP, MS Project, Oracle DMR, Agile. Java, Visual Basic programming knowledge is desired but not required.
- Applies thorough knowledge of design methodologies. Basic knowledge in utilizing design engineering tools including the capability of statistically analyzing data and reporting it in graphical formats (trend charts, CpK, Control Charts, Gauge R&R Studies).
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to interpret complex situations as required to develop appropriate actions.
- For regions - oral and written English language skills required.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to translate, statistically analyze data, and effectively report problems through written and/or graphical formats.
- Applied technical support/field service experience in semiconductor photolithography/semiconductor fab environment is highly desired.
- In depth knowledge of MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Lotus Notes.
- Excellent customer service skills, with an advanced understanding of customer relationship building.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Can observe and respond to people and situations and interact with others encountered in the course of work.
- Can learn and apply new information or skills.
- Must be able to read and interpret data, information, and documents.
- Strong customer focus and commitment to customer satisfaction through prioritization, quality, efficiency and professionalism.
- Ability to complete assignments with attention to detail and high degree of accuracy.
- Proven ability to perform effectively in a demanding environment with changing workloads and deadlines.
- Result driven-demonstrate ownership and accountability.
- Identifies bottlenecks and drives improvements.
- Work independently or as part of a team and follow through on assignments with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate open, clear, concise and professional communication.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with manager, co-workers and customer.
- Work according to a strict set of procedures within the provided timelines.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
Role within Office
- Routinely required to sit; walk; talk; hear; use hands to keyboard, finger, handle, and feel; stoop, kneel, crouch, twist, reach, and stretch.
- Occasionally required to move around the campus.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- May require travel dependent on business needs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $113,250.00 -$188,750.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.