You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Data Engineer
Research & development
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Research & development
Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, the Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler Arizona, San Jose and San Diego California, Wilton Connecticut, and Hillsboro Oregon.
This position requires access to controlled technology, as defined in the Export Administration Regulations (15 C.F.R. § 730, et seq.). Qualified candidates must be legally authorized to access such controlled technology prior to beginning work. Business demands may require ASML to proceed with candidates who are immediately eligible to access controlled technology.
Role and responsibilities
Position provides engineering and analytical support to better understand the overall business impact of complex issues related to manufacturing, engineering design, service and performance of the installed base of DUV light sources, enabling improved project prioritization and contextualization of issues. Identifies and interprets trends and patterns in datasets to isolate contributing factors and support root cause identification. Provides data driven input to the engineering & customer support teams to better contextualize diagnosis, troubleshooting, and repair of DUV light sources and related equipment as well as improving the overall platform reliability performance.
- Ability to understand, simplify,statistically analyze, and effectively interpret data and report problemsthrough written and/or graphical formats.
- Applies extensive knowledge ofengineering concepts and practical engineering implementations to productdevelopment, typically covering more than one functional area of DUVsystems to data interpretation.
- Translates and understandstechnical reliability concerns from chipmakers to engineering
- Ability to assess the laser designaccording to the engineering design intent & specification
- Contribute to engineering designteams to ensure that reliability and customer requirements are being met
- Characterizes, quantifies, andencapsulates technical laser issues to evaluate comprehensive laserengineering design, reliability and business impact accounting for bothinternal and customer-facing factors.
- Generates reports ranging from adhoc reports to sophisticated dashboards used by hundreds of usersincluding customer service, design engineering, & reliability usingavailable data from multiple sources and system tools.
- Works with multiple types oftechnical datasets including the laser equipment, service records, parttransaction & manufacturing
- Provides technical consultation toengineering and leads cross-functional teams to address key platform andmodule reliability issues as well as the overarching business issues.Identifies, quantifies and reports engineering design, reliability andlaser maintenance problems or bugs to respective engineering function forsolution design.
- Programs and maintains scripts,queries, dashboards, data generators, canned reports and other end-userinformation portals or resources.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Able to break down abstract engineering problems and clearly formulate a solution path for the problem using data
Education and experience
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree in engineering, physics, computer science, or STEM related discipline. Master's degree preferred.
- Exceptional skills in analyzing, organizing,interpreting, communicating, and presenting research findings to technicaland non-technical stakeholders.
- Experience with creating visualizations and dashboardsto tell a story (Spotfire preferred).
- Ability to obtain a comprehensive cross-functionalengineering level understanding of DUV technology, with DUV systems leveloverview
- Capable of merging and cleaning data from severalsources using SQL
- Able to leverage programming for scripting (pythonpreferred) as well as for statistical analysis (pandas, numpy, matplotlib,scipy preferred)
- Basic understanding of statistics
- Ideal candidate has a background in the physicalsciences/engineering and also has a background in programming
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Ability to build relationships with all areas in thecompany to understand and reconcile higher level company and customerneeds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Effectivelypresent information to engineering, management, and executive teams.
- Work with minimum supervision to execute broadassignments.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.