You can withdraw your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.Configure your cookie settings and confirm to save your settings. You can withdraw or change your consent at any time on our cookie consent page.
Senior Finance TL
Other job categories
Other technical job categories
In a nutshell
San Diego - CA, US
Other job categories, Other technical job categories
Introduction to the job
ASML US, including its affiliates and subsidiaries, brings together the most creative minds in science and technology to develop lithography machines that are key to producing faster, cheaper, more energy-efficient microchips. We design, develop, integrate, market and service these advanced machines, which enable our customers - the world’s leading chipmakers - to reduce the size and increase the functionality of their microchips, which in turn leads to smaller, more powerful consumer electronics. Our headquarters are in Veldhoven, Netherlands, and we have 18 office locations around the United States including main offices in Chandler, Arizona; San Diego and San Jose, California; Wilton, Connecticut; and Hillsboro, Oregon.
This position is responsible for general accounting, cost accounting, treasury and tax functions within the international finance department, and for providing high quality service support to Cymer’s international subsidiaries.
Role and responsibilities
- Support international subsidiary offices with month-end close processes. Ensure financial statements are completed within the timeframe required by the consolidation team based out of San Diego.
- Complete final review and analysis of all subsidiary financial statements on a monthly basis to verify overall accuracy and ensure compliance with US GAAP. Understand the transactions required to conform local GAAP financial statements to US GAAP.
- Assist subsidiary offices with research / investigation of day-to-day issues as required.
- Coordinate the processing of all inter-company payables and offsets. Ensure that inter-company payables and receivables balance each month. Ensure that each subsidiary office pays CSD and their other subsidiary counterparts on a timely basis for their outstanding invoices.
- Maintain regional inventory standard costs.
- Maintain foreign currency exchange rates.
- Complete month-end translation of the subsidiary financial statements.
- Complete month-end revaluation of affected asset and liability accounts.
- Generate month-end cost of goods sold or ending inventory intercompany markup elimination entries.
- Assist with the coordination and preparation of subsidiary related finance meetings and conferences, if applicable.
- Participate in and provide support for quarterly reviews and year-end audits with outside auditor.
- Perform periodic audits to compare ERP (Oracle) system balances to international subsidiary local balances and ensure that internal controls are adequate for accounting and inventory transactions.
- Participate in process redesign, improvement, or documentation projects.
- Support and participate in regional treasury functions related to balance sheet and cash flow hedging, derivatives, and cash flow management.
- Support tax and transfer pricing activities and projects.
- Support treasury and banking activity.
- Assist with governmental and other statutory filings.
- Travel as necessary to support subsidiary offices.
- Assist CL Finance Controller, Assistant Controller, and Regional Controller with special projects and analysis as needed.
Education and experience
- Bachelors’ degree in Accounting / Finance.
- 4 – 6 years of experience in general and / or cost accounting in a manufacturing environment.
- 2 – 3 years of international experience highly preferred.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office functions: Excel / Word / PowerPoint.
- Oracle ERP, SAP, or similar software experience highly preferred.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- CPA or CMA certification a plus.
- Semiconductor industry experience a plus.
Working at the cutting edge of tech, you’ll always have new challenges and new problems to solve – and working together is the only way to do that. You won’t work in a silo. Instead, you’ll be part of a creative, dynamic work environment where you’ll collaborate with supportive colleagues. There is always space for creative and unique points of view. You’ll have the flexibility and trust to choose how best to tackle tasks and solve problems.
To thrive in this job, you’ll need the following skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and / or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to work professionally with all levels within the organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Knowledge of the dynamics of foreign exchange within the finance discipline.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to use MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and electronic e-mail systems.
- Thorough knowledge of US generally accepted accounting principles and internal controls.
- Ability to manage and organize multiple tasks simultaneously, and
- Can work well under the pressure of deadlines.
- Multi-lingual skills (Mandarin and / or Dutch) are preferred, but not mandatory.
Diversity & Inclusion
ASML is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values and respects the importance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is the policy of the company to recruit, hire, train and promote persons in all job titles without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity. We recognize that diversity and inclusion is a driving force in the success of our company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel.The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear.The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.The employee must occasionally lift and / or move up to 10 pounds.Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.The environment generally is moderate in temperature and noise level.
The California base annual salary/hourly range for this role is currently $79,875.00 -$133,125.00. Pay scales are determined by role, level, location and alignment with market data. Individual pay is determined through interviews and an assessment of several factors that that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to, job-related skills, relevant education and experience, certifications, abilities of the candidate and pay relative to other team members. Our recruiters can share more information about our bonus program, benefits and equity during the hiring process.
EOE AA M/F/Veteran/Disability
Need to know more about applying for a job at ASML? Read our frequently asked questions.